Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

go pro black edition

Forum for kitesurfers
fstdude
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tiber Resevoir, Mission Lake, The gorge.
Gear: North Rebel, Jimmy Lewis surf board, Slingshot hovercraft with Alien Aire.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: go pro black edition

Postby fstdude » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 am

seems like my camera shuts off way earlier than my gp2. However it is the remote battery that is totally discharged and the cam still has some charge left.

fstdude
Rare Poster
Gear: North Rebel, Jimmy Lewis surf board, Slingshot hovercraft with Alien Aire.

Postby fstdude » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 am

My remote range is not even close to operating the cam when mounted to the kite. I am getting only 20 feet max. I like the narrow angle modes when mounted on the kite strutt and the quality is good, but i have to turn it on and just leave it run till it runs out.
I have captured some good stills from the video kite mounted and will try to post later.

fstdude
Rare Poster

Postby fstdude » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:47 am

Go Pro Hero 3 kite strut mount in narrow mode.
Still frame grabbed from video.
Attachments
dropping in b.jpg

Zeek
Rare Poster

Postby Zeek » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 am

I'm having some issues with the black hero3.

It works perfectly until the wifi is activated and then it randomly shuts itself down and also has frozen the camera.

I have updated the firmware with no improvement. I have a friend who's having some shutdown issues also but I haven't got any details out of him yet.

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 pm

fstdude wrote:My remote range is not even close to operating the cam when mounted to the kite. I am getting only 20 feet max....
Damn, I was hoping wifi issues were unique.

Can anyone get continued remote operation when kite mounted?

PVITfrumBYRAM
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Instruction

Postby PVITfrumBYRAM » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 am

I haven't been able to test my remote range again since I got it working again, totally forgot today as I was switching kites.

Was size card is everyone using?
I got the 64 gig one even though there are reports of issues. Just wondering if those who are continuing to have problems are using these cards or smaller ones.

Also are you guys manually putting the downloadable updates onto your camera or letting Java do it for you?
Perhaps you are not unzipping all the content and putting it all in the root menu. Might not be the issue but something to check on.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:52 am

PVITfrumBYRAM wrote:Was size card is everyone using?
I got the 64 gig one even though there are reports of issues. Just wondering if those who are continuing to have problems are using these cards or smaller ones.
Not aimed directly at you, but lots of people have issues with cards because they buy off-brand crap that isn't the correct speed. 64GB cards are still "big" by today's standards, so a decent one will be fairly expensive... some people try to save money and this unfortunately is not the way to go for video - it can work FINE for photos (unless you have a pro level dslr that can write above a certain FPS), but for video you absolutely need the highest write speeds you can get

PVITfrumBYRAM
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Instruction

Postby PVITfrumBYRAM » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 am

redman333 wrote:Ive been using mine for the last couple weeks now with no probs. i did some research before i got mone though and found a lot of issues were from the larger 64gb cards so i got 2 32gb cards and i also bought the wasabi battery packs and charger. I usually change my battery and memory card at the same time. I tend to start recording and just leave it on until the battery dies. I love the camera though. It has frozen on me a couple times on startup but i just pull the battery and startup again.
I was just wondering if the other people having issues here are using 64gb cards as well.

My card has worked fine for both my Go pro and my DSLR.

Zeek
Rare Poster

Postby Zeek » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:30 am

32gb sandisk ultra class 10 here.

I did the update manually after it not going through on the java method.

I don't think it's my card though as I only have the shutdown issue when wifi is on.

poools81
Frequent Poster
Gear: ozone 13m and 9m

Postby poools81 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:26 am

i bought one yesterday but got the 32 gb card if the camera only stays on for a hour or two I don't think you can possibly use up 32 gb plus I erase my stuff after session. I called go pro and the guy on phone said I shouldn't use the 64....

Return to “Kitesurfing”