How do you want to be treated?

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

How do you want to be treated?

Postby tautologies » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Hey you. Yeah you.

Do you ever think about how you want to be treated when you post on this forum?

Recently there has been a few topics that seems to flare up temperaments. Personally I am all for a heated discussion on point, but the personal attacks are way beyond reasonable.

Examples are people sending personal messages (and then later posting them on the forum) judging the personality of someone as if they know anything about the person. Other posts describing how they will violently beat someone. It really fucking bums me out to see such posts.
Maybe we should adopt a forum theme-> "Don't be a douche"?

Personally I think we can even avoid name calling not because it means anything, but because they are misdirected anger. Funnel all that fuel into composing a post with some meaning. Name calling just retards a discussion to the point it makes the discussion useless. I am aware it might be a strategy to try to tire someone out, but you certainly do not learn from it, and others probably just see you as douche when you do it.

If you really get that frustrated over a post online then go for a run/kite session, come back and post ON TOPIC. Not on person.

:thumb:
have nice day hippies.
a.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Re: How do you want to be treated?

Postby plummet » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 am

What an arsewhole for expecting us to act with civility!
We need to vent pent up rage from continually nagging by the missis!!.....
Where is there a better place than a faceless anonimous society like a forum to unleash my pent up aggression?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

hehehe.. I jest!

I retract the Arsewhole comment. retracting....."elohwesrA"... done.

But i still need to vent my latent axe weilding maniacal tendancies on line rather than at a local shopping mall....

So don't do it again!

There is no room here for common sence!

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:24 am

I understand what you are saying, Taut, but it's not a question of how a person wants to be treated. It's more about being conscious of how you impact others around you. In a real world situation if there were a crowded room of people and one or two dudes CONTINUOUSLY ran their mouths then at some point they are gonna' get popped in those mouths.

An Internet discussion form is no different. If someone genuinely wants to be treated a certain way then they need to invite that kind of energy by posting in an objective manner. No different than having a discussion face to face.

I'm a real black and white kinda dude. If you punch me...I'm gonna' punch you right back. If you laugh with me then I'm gonna' laugh back with you. If you give me good advice then I will thank you...and so on.

I think in life you receive the type of energy you put out into the world. So if a person is a sarcastic, egotistic, dick head know-it-all then it's not too hard to figure out what type of energy that person is gonna' get back in life.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:41 am

Kitus: I disagree. When you say that someone ran their mouth...there is a huge difference between anything you say and going over and physically assaulting someone. If your solution is hit someone you really have to work on your problem solving skills.

If you see no hope for a thread like that just leave it alone. Much much easier. Don;t view it as winning or losing a discussion...then you fall into the trap of a discussion being winnable. It is not. What can come out is new information and agreements..that will probably never happen once name calling starts.

At some point you will learn that things are not black or white..they are all degrees of gray.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:I understand what you are saying, Taut, but it's not a question of how a person wants to be treated. It's more about being conscious of how you impact others around you. In a real world situation if there were a crowded room of people and one or two dudes CONTINUOUSLY ran their mouths then at some point they are gonna' get popped in those mouths.

An Internet discussion form is no different. If someone genuinely wants to be treated a certain way then they need to invite that kind of energy by posting in an objective manner. No different than having a discussion face to face.

I'm a real black and white kinda dude. If you punch me...I'm gonna' punch you right back. If you laugh with me then I'm gonna' laugh back with you. If you give me good advice then I will thank you...and so on.

I think in life you receive the type of energy you put out into the world. So if a person is a sarcastic, egotistic, dick head know-it-all then it's not too hard to figure out what type of energy that person is gonna' get back in life.
Dude, all I have given you is good advice! When do I get my thanks? Will you instead command me to respond to your post?
I find it hilarious you even considered posting on this thread. Dig that hole of desperation a bit deeper... The rest of you can make all the fun you want. I only posted here to encourage kite minimums to continue to show his excellent debate skills. He is a natural don't you know.....

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 am

+1 Taut. I'm with u. :respect1:

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RichardM » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 am

So Taut, when you want to see if your idea has had any effect, let me know and I'll post my opinion as to who should have the right of way in both in surf and flat water.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 am

RichardM wrote:.
So Taut, when you want to see if your idea has had any effect, let me know and I'll post my opinion as to who should have the right of way in both in surf and flat water.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET
haha, I know what you mean. I must say though that you are pretty opinionated though, and I have seen discussions where you don;t hold too much back ;-)

I guess I am opinionated myself, but I do think there is much to be gained if we all consider how we relate our opinions.

The funny thing about this is that the guy that pulls you out of the water a day you need it might be the guy you have been screaming at for some minor thing.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:33 pm

... with simple common regard. You don't always get it on Internet forums to be sure where people can lack personalizing identity. Back in the day, there was less of this sort of thing on here but it still existed. The sport was newer, more of us were early in the learning curve prompting courtesy or at least less in your face tripe. People treated each other with reasonable respect, more of the time. There were exceptions even then (compulsive trolls) but in recent times I think you are right Alex. Why are we here? To talk about a sport we're passionate about, learn, see and talk about new and interesting things or throw crap at each other like miffed chimps?

Return to “Kitesurfing”