Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How do you want to be treated?

Postby soul19 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Hey Billie,

I have read your posts in this thread (not others as I would come across as a stalker :remybussi: ) and I can see that there is a lot of hostility in you. I have no need to point fingers as I can respect the fact that you are seeing that this is an issue for you. I have found in my experiences that I never respond to a post without walking away for a bit when I have read something that has raised the temperature under my collar. It has worked great for me and now I don't feel the need to be hostile with other people. I have no issues in pointing out when someone's behaviour has gotten to be childish and I would hope that others would do me the same respect. I like this thread as I am hoping that it causes the tireless crying on the EPIC Bs thread to come to an end. Both parties have pushed lines and it would be nice to see it drop off the main page (I no longer visit as it is a pointless thread with nothing more than hurt feelings and a lost agenda).

James
www.theglobalartist.com

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby coleman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 pm

tautologies wrote: Maybe we should adopt a forum theme-> "Don't be a douche"?

Personally I think we can even avoid name calling not because it means anything, but because they are misdirected anger......
.....but you certainly do not learn from it, and others probably just see you as douche when you do it

just joining this thread, funny bit of hypocrisy don't ya think taut? but i COMPLETELY agree with this hypocrisy in this instance. name calling is not productive in a debate but let's face it, a douche is a douche!

and this forum is filled with douchebags who write douchey things from their douchey little minds. i support this new forum motto and pledge to double my efforts on Douche Patrol. Anyone who would like to rid the forum of people who masquerade as bags of vagina cleanser please PM me and we can organize.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 pm

coleman wrote:
just joining this thread, funny bit of hypocrisy don't ya think taut? but i COMPLETELY agree with this hypocrisy in this instance. name calling is not productive in a debate but let's face it, a douche is a douche!

and this forum is filled with douchebags who write douchey things from their douchey little minds. i support this new forum motto and pledge to double my efforts on Douche Patrol. Anyone who would like to rid the forum of people who masquerade as bags of vagina cleanser please PM me and we can organize.
sweet!!!
Not sure if I would agree the hypocrisy term. That would assume an even outset. I can maybe can acknowledge that we're not perfect and I think a gentle poke every now and then is okay (see below) . I don't mind, but one guy one here was threatened with violence. To me that is way beyond how we should relate to each other.

It would seem to me that "a douche is a douche" is assuming people cannot change. We have great faith you can turn the boat around for yourself. ;-)

Join us us on the quest to change by coming to our meetings...of douches anonymous. :D

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 pm

good one taut.....i will be sure to send flowers

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 pm

coleman wrote:good one taut.....i will be sure to send flowers
Nice.
for some reason I really want you to have a cooler as a profile pic. Is that weird?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45230216/sw ... an-camping

Just a suggestion ;-)

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 pm

awesome! those old coolers can't be beat......maybe a different color though :angryfire:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:59 pm

coleman wrote:awesome! those old coolers can't be beat......maybe a different color though :angryfire:
yes true. :thumb:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:54 pm

soul19 wrote:Hey Billie,

I have read your posts in this thread (not others as I would come across as a stalker :remybussi: ) and I can see that there is a lot of hostility in you. I have no need to point fingers as I can respect the fact that you are seeing that this is an issue for you.

James
www.theglobalartist.com
Since learning to deal with the fake walking sticks, the internal animal
has bin cranked to almost Full Open just to stay near what was normal.

I learned to use that same energy many years ago for Flying, but have always
bin able to shut it down at will ; now it's not so easy. When excited a dog
will make a wide-berth around me, sometimes children get scared.

There Is a + side though ; like yesterday i was all excited cause i just
went in 1/2 on one of the fastest Beach-cat's ever made, (a Hobie miracle 20).
the other owner & i got sh*t-faced last night just talking about coming off
the wind 5-deg from a broad-reach while traveling down a 2 to 3ft wave
in a 25kt breeze across Lake Mohave!! This morning a top-heavy Asian woman
in her mid 30's
picked up on the energy while at the store where i'm buying my Cow , and i
scored a date with her !!

I'm all Happy right now ; not for the date i got , but cause
i'm headed out the door to fly a PG with my friend from Denver, and life
is on an Up-swing for the next 16hrs --- at the Very Least !!!
The Top Heavy woman's gonna drive for us ; tonight i'll reciprocate.

Tomorrow i'll be all Wiped-Out, hung-over, & wondering why i smell & feel
so different ; my guard will be Down & --Fo's-- gonna "Jump" on the Road-Kill.

But today's gonna be a Bowl-of-cherries !!!

Bille

Seriously : "Today i Want Everyone to be in the mood i got right Now" ; cause
tomorrow , life might Suck !!

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:36 pm

I read your post and it put a smile on my face..... who says aggression doesn't pay eh Billie? I meet my wife by playing by my own rules. Love the girl and she understands me better than I do myself at times. She understands that at times I can be difficult and never seems to hold that against me. We all strive to be better and know that with time that we can improve. My father always told me that you can't call someone a fool but there is nothing wrong in pointing out when they are playing the part (I have held that role many a time)!

James
www.theglobalartist.com

fokiten
Frequent Poster

Postby fokiten » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Westozzy is referring to Richard M's all inclusive; Spread Sheet worthy listing of all possible in regards to the frailties of the Human condition/ interaction......quite a piece but---It misses one very important point:

What's at issue? This changes everything.

This place is different in that regard

Here, at KF some issues are Life and Death---and we got dead guys of every ilk, shit happens and when it happens in the wrong place you can get dead in a heart beat,,,

What complicates it is the stoke---and how fucking easy it is compared to say the less lethal sport of you name it---all the others, save chainsaw juggling and glory holes perhaps?
Westozzy wrote:Wow, now that was a decent reply above. You make a valid argument. The increased hostility is probably due to what you described, they sense their argument is indeed weak (paraphrasing).

It is easy to notice someone's vulnerability with argument development and instead of letting it go I tend to 'stick the verbal knife' in further. Which causes even further angst in which the other person loses any grip of the topic at hand and becomes a blatant 'bafoon'.

I call this bullying in some sense of the word. So through my definition I will not be treating others this way anymore. I feel it is wrong and I need to be a better man.
And Westy, there's no disadvantage to a weak argu development, the truth always outs...

It just takes more time.

So you go bro sock it to them, if you believe, and the issue supports your effort.

Now let's say the issue is trivial? why even bother? and to those combatants all the standard maxims attach....better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt...

In a nut shell---(pun accepted) if you suffer fools, it's a pay as you go program e.g.

You suffer for your error, and and soon as you stop suffering them you are instantly relieved...

There's not many topics left that rise to the need for resolution---not like the old days when the stoke was driving folks to solicit new blood for profit, and or for lack o thinking it through...

This sport is just too easy to disrespect

Nothing wrong with any tactic in a discussion of worth--- the secret to winning is as always to tell the truth...

Get off topic, and you become irrelevant--and that is what will piss you off..

be relevant, tell the truth, and you'll be golden...

If you have nothing to say, and would like to showcase that, no problem just talk about yourself

And there in lies the few and far between in the "of any interest column..."

OK, back to it...
cheers
fo

Return to “Kitesurfing”