Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

forum for kitesurfers


bouclette
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm
Kiting since: 6
Gear: Airush One 15m 2012, Switch Element 2 9m, North Evo 2011 7m
Custom 6.0 surfboard, Airush Monaro V3, Old takoon TT
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby bouclette » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Caesar,

Very interesting thread as I am also looking at something that goes high and glides well.

What did you chose in the end? Fuse or Bandit VI? Or something else ?

Anyone knows how they compare jump wise?

I had a 12m 2010 Fuse and loved it. I then changed to a Nitro II 12m because of valves issues and crazy pricings for spares but I was very disapointed with it jumping wise.

Now looking at my options and would like feedback before making my decision. :)

Cheers,

Ben

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby Westozzy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Fuse.

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby Caesar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:43 pm

bouclette wrote:Hi Caesar,

Very interesting thread as I am also looking at something that goes high and glides well.

What did you chose in the end? Fuse or Bandit VI? Or something else ?

Anyone knows how they compare jump wise?

I had a 12m 2010 Fuse and loved it. I then changed to a Nitro II 12m because of valves issues and crazy pricings for spares but I was very disapointed with it jumping wise.

Now looking at my options and would like feedback before making my decision. :)

Cheers,

Ben



Hi Ben,

After many sessions and also testing the 2014 Evo, I opted for the Fuse.
Since North does not proceed with the production of the Fuse, I just bought a few more of them. I have now following 2013 Fuses: 4 x 12m, 1 x 10m and 1 x 9m.
That should last for some time.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

bouclette
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm
Kiting since: 6
Gear: Airush One 15m 2012, Switch Element 2 9m, North Evo 2011 7m
Custom 6.0 surfboard, Airush Monaro V3, Old takoon TT
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby bouclette » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks mate, I think I'll go for a 12m Fuse then!

User avatar
soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Epic Screamers and Renegades
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Location: Northern Ontario

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby soul19 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Hey Caesar,

Just wondering why you bought 4-12m kites when I thought you wrote that you only use 10m kites? I see that you bought a single 10 and one 9. Just curious as to what changed your mind to go for the bigger kites?

James

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby Caesar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 pm

soul19 wrote:Hey Caesar,

Just wondering why you bought 4-12m kites when I thought you wrote that you only use 10m kites? I see that you bought a single 10 and one 9. Just curious as to what changed your mind to go for the bigger kites?

James


I can kite the bigger 12m Fuses in higher winds due to the better depower.
So that is my main kite here now. When winds go above 25 knots, I use the 10m and above 30 knots the 9m. Above 35 knots I drink beer (or use one of the smaller Switchblades of my girl).

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 33203
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Contact:

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Someone told me that the 2014 Rebel jumps very good again. Give it a try.

User avatar
soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Epic Screamers and Renegades
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Location: Northern Ontario

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby soul19 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Fair enough :thumb: I was just curious as to what changed your quiver size and that works for me! I have a 2011 Evo and find that it is a nice kite! Have you used the older Evos compared to the new 2014 redesigned one?

James

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby Caesar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Toby wrote:Someone told me that the 2014 Rebel jumps very good again. Give it a try.


I gave those a go too. Not bad either but they are still 5 liners...(I hope that doesn't start a new 4-line/5-line discussion).

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: North Kite- what is the best jumping machine?

Postby Caesar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:26 pm

soul19 wrote:Fair enough :thumb: I was just curious as to what changed your quiver size and that works for me! I have a 2011 Evo and find that it is a nice kite! Have you used the older Evos compared to the new 2014 redesigned one?

James


Yup, tried the 2012 and 2013er Evos. But the Fuse (and 2014er Evo) is a completely different league.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], knot_moving, sabraxas and 10 guests