Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Riot XR2 15m2 - anyone have or tested it?

Forum for kitesurfers
frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Riot XR2 15m2 - anyone have or tested it?

Postby frankm1960 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:34 am

I'm surprised such large kites don't have a big dump valve. Those sticks are a pain. And is it a good idea to roll up a kite ? I would think that would be hard on the stitching.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core Riot XR2 15m2 - anyone have or tested it?

Postby SupaEZ » Sat May 11, 2013 2:57 pm

frankm1960 wrote:I'm surprised such large kites don't have a big dump valve. Those sticks are a pain. And is it a good idea to roll up a kite ? I would think that would be hard on the stitching.
Riot Core XR2LW 19m2 ( and all others) in and out valve is same
It is plenty big to get air out quick and has a well designed stick that is no pain whatsoever to use
I personally fold up wingtips to center the kite nice and neat and do not roll

Tip : when doing the "first wingtip to center folding" push at same time all the air out of both struts
......when you get to the center strut..... get also all the air out of it then "clip down the intake tube"

.......that way when folding the other wingtip to center while getting air out of struts....
...... the trapped air goes out of dump valve quick and the "center strut does not get re-filled again"

When "most air is out" remove stick and put in it's storage pouch and "unclip the center strut tube"
It is easy at this point to even get more air of kite without using the stick

You are ready for your next session :D

I have had about 80 sessions on my 19m2 in the past 11 months....and it still almost look new

.................................................... :pump: :surf: :sun: ................................................................

Return to “Kitesurfing”