FarQueLot
Medium Poster
Gear: Ozone,Slingshot,my own
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: That moment when ......

Postby FarQueLot » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 am

Air_Pharaoh wrote:Yea the problem is I lose site and control of the kite while jumping. It like a lapse in the mind that Im attached to a kite. I am concentrating on edging hard and bringing the kite to 12 and waiting for the pull, that when I achieve the lift, I just try to enjoy the ride and forget about the kite completely.
your problem is technique,

1 concentrating on edging hard:

if I am going for a 'jump' I flatten the board off, gain speed then start carving aggressively to the take off ramp, be it chop swell or wave

2 bringing the kite to 12 and waiting for the pull

if you carve and pop off the ramp you will have a much more successful jump, and by this I mean jump- not get pulled off the water, this is the reason you're having problems with the kite falling out of the sky- you have to jump- think of carving progressively harder till you can't withstand the pull of the kite then spring off the water like you would a trampoline.

then you will achieve pop and flight , not lift-off which slows your board speed and direction of travel

you will enjoy your flights a lot better because you will be comfortable on entry and exit from the jump

rgds
F

Air_Pharaoh
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ras Sedr, Red Sea
Favorite Beaches: To be decided
Gear: F-One Bandit Kites
Mystic Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: That moment when ......

Postby Air_Pharaoh » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:01 am

FarQueLot wrote:
Air_Pharaoh wrote:Yea the problem is I lose site and control of the kite while jumping. It like a lapse in the mind that Im attached to a kite. I am concentrating on edging hard and bringing the kite to 12 and waiting for the pull, that when I achieve the lift, I just try to enjoy the ride and forget about the kite completely.
your problem is technique,

1 concentrating on edging hard:

if I am going for a 'jump' I flatten the board off, gain speed then start carving aggressively to the take off ramp, be it chop swell or wave

2 bringing the kite to 12 and waiting for the pull

if you carve and pop off the ramp you will have a much more successful jump, and by this I mean jump- not get pulled off the water, this is the reason you're having problems with the kite falling out of the sky- you have to jump- think of carving progressively harder till you can't withstand the pull of the kite then spring off the water like you would a trampoline.

then you will achieve pop and flight , not lift-off which slows your board speed and direction of travel

you will enjoy your flights a lot better because you will be comfortable on entry and exit from the jump

rgds
F
That sounds extremely logical. Ill try it the next time I am out in the water. Thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”