Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are Switch kites getting any better?

Forum for kitesurfers
galewarning
Frequent Poster
Weight: 168
Local Beach: Any slowly draining lake in the Desert Southwest & Land of Detachment.
Gear: Kite & foil kit: 15m Ghost V2, 12m SS RPX, 10/8/7/6/5/4 V6 SST, 8m SS UFO V2, 6m Ghost V2, 4&5 Contra 1S, SS Phantasm 684/633, SS Dwarfcraft 110, SS 5'0 Convert [my directional], SS 159 Glide; SS 138 Vision, 136 Nobile Split, SS 133 Luna
Wing kit: SS Wingcraft 90 / SS G900 / 3.5 Cab X3, 4.4 Vayu, 6.0 Slingwing V4
Brand Affiliation: None directly, but I do have friends in the snow and wind sports industries.

Re: Are Switch kites getting any better?

Postby galewarning » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 pm

@Faxie - You obviously don't know how to get worked and thrash in the waves properly.
Seriously: Almost all of my wrap issues have been during downwinders, looping the kite into the water and getting a lot of line slack, as I coast to a stop towards a downed kite. Earlier this year, I somehow managed to wrap a wingtip two times in about 5 minutes, during a crazy wind day with my 7m E4. It also seems most of my bridle wraps occur on the high and low extremes of the windrange. I did Bill's suggested bridle mod on the E4 and it seems to have fixed the issue. I know, I know... Just don't drop the kite...
Faxie wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 pm
+1000 hrs on numerous models and sizes Elements and onyl bridle wrap I've experienced was with selflaunching my V3 13m. What am I doing wrong? :(
Lost count how many times my V3 7m has been eaten up by 1,5-2m waves, never had a wrap with it.

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby _Jakobie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm

I have not yet manged to get the element6 to tangle around itself. I have tried it on the Nitro. But not with this kite.

Even the beginner that washed my kite like 7000 billions time last session did not end up with tangled line or a kite wrap. And oh yes, there was slack lines. :D

I don't think it can be done with a fully inflated kite.

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Galewarning ( Barry)

You are too much.
Lot of people starting to see you through your Bullshit posts.
Also please post some video of your self riding to show people how qualified you really are ..

I state true facts for people to have true info.
The E6 bridal will not tangle.
All other Switch bridal from the past will tangle.
Easy as that, I have tangled even the e5 a lot. That span line is a band aid that does not work,
You should really go test for real instead of listening to people.

Plain and simple.

Go kiteboarding,

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Faxie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:04 pm

galewarning wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 pm
@Faxie - You obviously don't know how to get worked and thrash in the waves properly.
Seriously: Almost all of my wrap issues have been during downwinders, looping the kite into the water and getting a lot of line slack, as I coast to a stop towards a downed kite. Earlier this year, I somehow managed to wrap a wingtip two times in about 5 minutes, during a crazy wind day with my 7m E4. It also seems most of my bridle wraps occur on the high and low extremes of the windrange. I did Bill's suggested bridle mod on the E4 and it seems to have fixed the issue. I know, I know... Just don't drop the kite...
Faxie wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 pm
+1000 hrs on numerous models and sizes Elements and onyl bridle wrap I've experienced was with selflaunching my V3 13m. What am I doing wrong? :(
Lost count how many times my V3 7m has been eaten up by 1,5-2m waves, never had a wrap with it.
I downloop a lot in the waves, sometimes dropping the kite because of going way to fast towards it. Never had a wrap with that, only inversions. Not on my V2 7m and 9m, V3 7, 9, 13 and V4 5 and 9. I do pump them up pretty hard. When I pump them and notice the bridle is on the outside of the tip and try to pull it over the tip, I really have to bend the tip quite a bit.

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.

Postby _Jakobie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Naishdude, no, you are correct. I was not on the element4 or 5 before. But I think that any comparing can help newcomers and just because I was not on the old element do's not mean that I can't give advise to others that maybe are looking to get a kite that fit them as it's a all terrain kite. :thumb:

Some times it is a good thing with different review instead of only one type of surfer review.

As I have the Nitro and Element now, I can do a VS on those to on the things I use them for like Oldschool, big air, loops.

Where I come from we love to compare things and find what's best 10 review's is better then 2. Perhaps there is a kiter somewhere out there thinking of changing his nitros for element like I did or just want a kite to do the same stuff as me.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm

jakoblondal wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:49 pm
Naishdude, no, you are correct. I was not on the element4 or 5 before. But I think that any comparing can help newcomers and just because I was not on the old element do's not mean that I can't give advise to others that maybe are looking to get a kite that fit them as it's a all terrain kite. :thumb:

Some times it is a good thing with different review instead of only one type of surfer review.

As I have the Nitro and Element now, I can do a VS on those to on the things I use them for like Oldschool, big air, loops.

Where I come from we love to compare things and find what's best 10 review's is better then 2. Perhaps there is a kiter somewhere out there thinking of changing his nitros for element like I did or just want a kite to do the same stuff as me.
:thumb: :thumb: :wink:

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:48 pm

I own the Element5 and Nitro5 & 6 and have never experienced a bridle wrap around a wing tip. I've had plenty of kite in the water events. I was more concerned with the center lines wrapping around my bar, but the C4X bar solved that issue.

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 am

I have Element 4 and 5 and Helium 2. I have had more bridle wraps on these kites than any others I have owned in the past 18 years. Several tip traps during self launching. A couple of terminal front line wraps while kiting. Quite a few roll overs ending up inversions, lines twisted and a fair bit of stuffing around to get the kite into relaunch position.

Such behaviours are not unique to Switch kites, and not a reason not to buy them. They're still certainly fantastic value.

If the Element 6 claims to be more resilient to bridle tangles then that is certainly a reason to consider them for future purchase.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 am

Felix, the kite may turn out to be golden but you need to settle down. You are doing a disservice to your brand. If you are going to be activity representing Switch on this forum maybe take a look at how Ocean Rodeo does it. Look back and see how they handle skepticism or criticism. I know it's easier said than done but that's my advice. You are doing more harm than good.

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 am

Sorry you feel this way Alford.
Will keep that in mind.
Many sides to every story especially if its the Keyboard warrior world.
Lets stick to honest reviews and pictures.
This makes everyone happy.
Hope you do get to try an Element6.
Really enjoying mine.
Attachments
G0031893.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”