bmencer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha 2014 Xcaliber? Any feedback?

Postby bmencer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Hey Gang

Looking to pickup a new board and was looking at the new Xcaliber. I have been riding the Crazyfly raptor pro and was thinking of trying the Xcaliber. Can anyone give me some feedback between the two boards. Would spend most of the time riding flat water with minimal sessions in the waves....

Bill

mdipalma
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barletta south coast
Favorite Beaches: Paros Pounda
Style: freestyle/wakestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Chaos, Cabrinha Xcaliber

Re: Cabrinha 2014 Xcaliber? Any feedback?

Postby mdipalma » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:26 pm

bmencer wrote:Hey Gang

Looking to pickup a new board and was looking at the new Xcaliber. I have been riding the Crazyfly raptor pro and was thinking of trying the Xcaliber. Can anyone give me some feedback between the two boards. Would spend most of the time riding flat water with minimal sessions in the waves....

Bill
Attachments
Iphone varie 125.jpg

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Are you talking about this monster board???
If yes...ok i can explain all what do you want to know...
:thumb:
mdipalma wrote:

Bill

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

mdipalma wrote:Are you talking about this monster board???
If yes...ok i can explain all what do you want to know...
:thumb:
mdipalma wrote:

Bill
Attachments
Iphone varie 132.jpg

Guttorm
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Favorite Beaches: El Medano, Sardinia, Rædergården, Trones, Leksdalsvatnet
Gear: Ozone R1 v4 18
Ozone Edge 17 & 19
Core XR4 11 13.5
Core XR3 9
Core Choice 3
Slingshot Glide LW
Core SLC foilboard

Postby Guttorm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:54 pm

How much rocker does the 2014 Xcaliber have?

bmencer
Rare Poster

Postby bmencer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 am

Yup thats the board I am asking about..... Give me the 2 min tour on the board. What do you like what don't you like? How does it deal with chop? Every try it in waves? How is the pop? Etc...I imagine its an upwind machine with the outline. Would you buy another?

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Sorry but now i can't reply to you like i would...i'm working...but in the nighet i'll give to you a precise feedback.
Here in touch the difference in the shpe from 2013 to 2014...a differen board...

bmencer wrote:Yup thats the board I am asking about..... Give me the 2 min tour on the board. What do you like what don't you like? How does it deal with chop? Every try it in waves? How is the pop? Etc...I imagine its an upwind machine with the outline. Would you buy another?
Attachments
Iphone varie 131.jpg

25knot+
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter
Gorge
Second beach
Key West flats
Mattunuck
Gilgo
Tobay
Great South Bay
CT
Style: wake/freestyle
Gear: Kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: Shop affiliated. Choose to ride Cabrinha.

Postby 25knot+ » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 pm

yeah... interested to hear your thoughts on this comparo!

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle

Postby RideLow » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 pm

I love my 138!
Hands down best board I have ever tried!

I use 25mm fins on it and boots.. :)

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Here we are...
So now i can concentrate to answer to all your questions...
What i like:
i like the graphic, the carbon on the surface, the costruction, the perfect way to buid a board without defects, i like the reserch e development that every hear go alive and this year has made a board that in only one year seams to be a future board...fantastic in any particular...
I like so much the system H2 of pads and straps. it's very very easy to install on the board and take off from it... just put on the board and screw it...you find always the screw and th ole one on the other....you imagine that i uese the board with the H2 and in perfect day with my ronix One boot(i'm just starting now with the boot so i have only one board, but at the moment i spend at max 5 minute to change from straps to boot).
Just to be clear...i have the Signature model Alby Rondina Pro model(the version in full carbon)...
138x42 2014 difference from the beautiful xcaliber 2013...:
The board fly on the chop like butter, seams to have much rocker, but no...it's very simila with 2013 model...i don't know, i think the differce stay from the differnt construction and different tips...
Other thing...i wrote to alby Rondina and said to him:" i don't know what did you do on this board, but this monster pop like i an't immagine...is impossible that i begin so good, but know i pop at 3 meters without any problems and with normal wind"
The board is very light but perfect light..it's just 300/400gr less than 2013 board..
Rocket upwind and plane early very good...
The best thing and the very good upgrade from 2013 is the reactivity of the board has in the water and the impressive pop..yes is impressive!!!

What i'don't like first day....i stay much ytime to regolate my straps, beccause has 2 velcro and for me is no immediate...but know i could not came back...the H2 is light very light and very confortable...
Ride with the boots: i'm not a pro of boot i have just start from 3 time...but i'haven't problem... the board has the same charatteristic without lose nothing...
the Xcaliber Signature model 2014 is my choice...i can absolutley raccomand to you...for me is a very good board also in freeride, because go upwind like a crazy, navigate in total confort and pop in sky.
The last thing...when you load a jump and go down again in the sea...you can wrong but the board help t oyou and absorb any impact...the carbon version is not stiff...is pevect fo my knee...
please if you want know other else...ask me, i'm glad to answer to you.
Aloha.
Mario'

bmencer wrote:Yup thats the board I am asking about..... Give me the 2 min tour on the board. What do you like what don't you like? How does it deal with chop? Every try it in waves? How is the pop? Etc...I imagine its an upwind machine with the outline. Would you buy another?

Return to “Kitesurfing”