Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby fdvj » Thu May 08, 2014 7:32 am

I think you need to get a Xsnsr, or maybe organise a boosting comp in the UK, I will have a word with Lewis to see if I can get him to organise one.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 am

fdvj wrote:I think you need to get a Xsnsr, or maybe organise a boosting comp in the UK, I will have a word with Lewis to see if I can get him to organise one.
been looking at getting one, but as I don't have an iphone or ipod anymore it makes it quite an expensive outlay.

I'd be well up for a boosting comp! would be great to have something organised on a rolling pattern through september/november when we get those huge lows coming in. Saying that we have one at the moment. Off to the beach in a few min then got a speed comp this weekend. Looking really good for that also!

We are quite lucky here in the UK, might be chilly some of the time but we get out a lot!

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu May 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Too many people here don't look when they turn around so I think I'm clear to jump and Mr Tithead short-tacks under me. I've seen a few canopies up close too... I keep thinking of the 10m diving platform at the swimming pool, but I think my memory is playing tricks cos it doesn't seem like I'm even getting up to 10m :lol: sure feels like it though...

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Tone does the 12m hook up to the standard ozone bar?

Can you buy the kite with out bar????

Depending how your setup I think you can easily hold the 12m in higher wind. Just make sure you have someone that knows how to land it lol

I use the OR2 (harness) and the FS 128 and holding a 19m edge in 20kns is possible (no higher then 22kns). Crazy hang time and air. The sweat spot for me and the 19m is 16-18kns tons of power to fly. The 11m edge in 25-30.

I'm guessing for me the 12m Chrono would really shine in 25kns.

For me (80k 128cm)
19m Edge 20kns (max 21-22)
15m Edge 20-25
11m Edge 22 +

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 am

You're mad :o

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri May 09, 2014 7:06 am

s1buell_wl wrote:Tone does the 12m hook up to the standard ozone bar?

Can you buy the kite with out bar????

Depending how your setup I think you can easily hold the 12m in higher wind. Just make sure you have someone that knows how to land it lol

I use the OR2 (harness) and the FS 128 and holding a 19m edge in 20kns is possible (no higher then 22kns). Crazy hang time and air. The sweat spot for me and the 19m is 16-18kns tons of power to fly. The 11m edge in 25-30.

I'm guessing for me the 12m Chrono would really shine in 25kns.

For me (80k 128cm)
19m Edge 20kns (max 21-22)
15m Edge 20-25
11m Edge 22 +
Yeah the Chrono can fly off any 4 line bar, just check the safely works before having to use it (flag out)

You can buy kite only or complete.

I'd imagine you could fly the 12m in 30 knots you just have to get the kite very well inflated as it can be a handful if you don't get enough air in it!

tony

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Fri May 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Tone good point you have

What is the flag out? Is it the same as the Edge (right side)?

Yea in the high winds you need a person that knows how to inflate the foil. I had a few of the guys trained here lol

If you let a foil go in 20kns 1/3 inflated....... it's a real handful.

Another point, is it harder then the speed to inflate (on the ground and launch) or the same. I would guess its the same.

Kamikuza:
It gets the blood pumping that's for sure! I fly a paraglider on a regular bases so when it come to kite I can never get high enough..... :o Its starting to be a problem

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Fri May 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Yeah it does at that! We apparently had 20 to 28 knots today, and you got me determined to take the 12 out... was a bit mad - others were on 6 and 7s - but was great fun :) most of the time :o

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri May 09, 2014 5:02 pm

s1buell_wl wrote:Tone good point you have

What is the flag out? Is it the same as the Edge (right side)?

Yea in the high winds you need a person that knows how to inflate the foil. I had a few of the guys trained here lol

If you let a foil go in 20kns 1/3 inflated....... it's a real handful.

Another point, is it harder then the speed to inflate (on the ground and launch) or the same. I would guess its the same.

Kamikuza:
It gets the blood pumping that's for sure! I fly a paraglider on a regular bases so when it come to kite I can never get high enough..... :o Its starting to be a problem
Yeah same flag out as edge.

I pulled it once when I had to help someone and it came down really nice with next to no pull and didn't spin much.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Fri May 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Kam

You need a small board and seat harness then its great. The seat harness will lower the center of gravity as you know.

12m in 25+ is great stuff!

I forgot to add with the 19m I ride it with the harness and board combo in 16-18 no depower (I hate to depower :rollgrin: )

I have yet to depower the 11m.

Did you get some nice airs with hang..... Hang.....and more hannnnng lol?

Lowe thanks for all the info exactly what I was looking for. I'll let you know if/when I pull the trigger. I'm just selling two of my kites right now. Once they are gone I'm going to pick up the Chrono.

I have a price on one Chrono 12M Complete: $2465

little high for a 12m if you ask me

Return to “Kitesurfing”