Favorite Beaches: Caesarea Israel
Style: free
Gear: kite
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurf in Rhodes

Postby GabrielBer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:40 pm

We are going to be 5 days in Rhodes in July (Parasonisi) and would like to know about a good kitesurf school for begginers and intermediate surfers. Any idea? WE will stay in Lindos.Thanks.

gabriel

Rixter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Where the wind blows

Re: Kitesurf in Rhodes

Postby Rixter » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:41 am

http://prasonisi.com/

Be aware that it can be very crowded in Prasonisi that time of year.

Hard2Handle
Medium Poster
Style: freestyle, wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus (3)
Bhoot (2)

Postby Hard2Handle » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:37 am

Rhodos is a very beautifull location to surf but it's indeed also very crowded. If you're there anyway you could also try Alex Beach.

eslaci
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Balaton lake Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Ilha do Guajiru,Brazil..Kremasti Praso Rhodos..Cabarete..Lostagnone Italy..Tarifa..SM Gostozo Brazil...Soma bay.
Style: freeride
Gear: 11m-9m F one Bandit 2021

Postby eslaci » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 pm

I think is no kiteschool on Prassonisi,but you can find the school on Khemastri ".Air riders"......Praso is not goog for beginners,wind is off shore on the leftside,and on shore ,waves at the rightside,and very strong sometimes. Khemastri is oderside of the island,if you in Lindos,close to rhodos city.The school is very friendly,and they teach with North 2014 equipment.
Have good wind.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Hello GabrielBer,
Rhodos is a great place to kite. I did my army there so I know this island very well. Prasonis has 3 Kite Schools but it's very very crowded with windsurfers, swimmers and kiters. So I would not recommend because it is going to be a waste of your money or who ever is paying for the kite lesson. If you want to teach some one how to kite in Prasonis the best time will be to go there in May and June because there is not a lot of people yet on the island. But the best wind is July and August, but this is when it gets very crowded with kiters, swimmers and windsurfers. So if you are going in July the best time to get lessons will be early in the morning between (7 to 10 am) because after that it gets so busy or late in the afternoon around (5 to 7 pm). So maybe you can talk to one of the instructors and see if they could help you out. The pictures you see bellow are from early morning and late afternoon, as you can see its not very busy. You have 2 places to kite. One will be on the flat side were it is off shore wind and the other side will be the waves where it is on shore winds.
Will be in Rhodos for an EPIC demo starting July 23rd to July 28th and will spend most of the time in Prasonisi. Then on our way to Kos and then Mykonos and then Paros.

P.S. Ask for Asimeny If you decide to eat at the "LIGHT HOUSE" taverna in Prasonisi and let her know that Dimitri Maramenides owner of EPIC kites sent you, and that I said for her to take care of you.
Attachments
DSC_0298 5.jpg
The owner of the Taverna Asimi.jpg
My son and I eating at my friend restaurant in Prasonis.jpg
DSC_0302 4.jpg
IMG_2879 3.jpg
DSC_0409 1.jpg
DSC_0039 9.jpg
DSC_0085 1.jpg
DSC_0366 6.jpg
DSC_0088 7.jpg
DSC_0140 2.jpg
DSC_0150 3.jpg
DSC_0126 8.jpg
DSC_0299 4.jpg

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Dimitri,
when will you please be in Kos and where? We are staying form aug. 2 to aug. 16 in Tigaki but we are going to rent a car so we can move.

Thank you!

Paolo

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Hello Paolo,
Will be in Kos from July 28th to the 29th. We have an EPIC school there so we might stay longer it all depends of the weather and the demand because we have to be in Mykonos and Paros the next week.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13

Postby pmaggie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Thank you Dimitri, we will be "operative" not before aug. 3 (we are arriving the 2nd), so I think we will not meet...
Where is please the school in Kos?

Thank you!

Paolo

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:53 pm

I am sending you the info concerning the EPIC kite school in Kos.
The person you need to get in touch is Nikos kalaitzian. He is the EPIC rep for Greece and he also runs the EPIC school in Kos in the summer. This is his email: nikalaitzian@yahoo.gr

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby pmaggie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Noted, thank you Dimitri!

Return to “Kitesurfing”