Spots Closed by Beginners and Accidents

Forum for kitesurfers
flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spots Closed by Beginners and Accidents

Postby flyingweasel » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:01 am

flyingweasel wrote:
madworld wrote:
flyingweasel wrote:Correct....

These folk are generally looking for high drama. Kiting is not enough for them. Where there is none they will create it for a self serving/gratifying end, often establishing themselves as some self proclaimed authority under all manner of pretenses and flying the banner of " for us all" and "somebody has to do it" , " think you could do better" etc.

It is all fiction in the first place...pretty sad really, could be kiting!!!
Flyingweasal and longwhitecloud if you are ever in trouble and drifting out to sea, I will be sure to mind my own business and not call the Coast Guard for you.

That says a lot about you.
You can not have it both ways...

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:37 am

thx madworld - u miss the point- kitesurfing community working together spreading information using todays technology - vs rules and regulations created due to the actions of a few that pretend that kitesurfing is sooo at risk of spots being closed by beginners /accidents.

Also those that try to legislate in their own niche groups of only those they consider worthy - despite there being a whole heap more people that would put in a submission if they had the information.

personal responsibility + kiters looking out for each other has worked a dream . Like said keep walking to a space with a decent buffer zone when u set up.

i have heard of maybe once ever the coastguard rescuing anyone around here, but kiters themselves rescuing each other 100s of times. In some situations kiters are actually more capable than even skis for rescue. U trust the coastguard not to run over your lines and deathloop u under their boat, or another competent kiter that u know understands the ins and outs of kitin- - part of your community...

blue_eyes
Rare Poster
Local Beach: south coast of england UK
Favorite Beaches: Nabq wave spot Egypt
Shoreham uk
Style: havin fun..old school...wake ..wave
Gear: Best Nemesis kites
Jimmy Lewis super model boards
Brand Affiliation: Best and Jimmy Lewis uk team rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby blue_eyes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:08 am

Clubs don't have to mean loss of freedom...we had to form a club because of a tragic death...(bad choices on the wrong day ) .....It is a very easy going club with some simple rules...since we started about 4 years ago we have had no major Accidents and usually a very friendly atmosphere at the beach or events... I got handed the job of safety officer talking to the public and the council..(local gov)...I see a lot of griping over the "kite police" ...i spend alot of time with visitors to the local beach explaining why they can't kite in the swim zone ! Three rules...abide by the site rules...stay away from other water users and stay out of the swim zone....simples.Or so you would think...it's a thankless job that someone has to do to keep this spot open to every kiter which is all we want to do round here ...Rikki is right in what he says....to much of this subject on open forums only gives the people who want our sport banned ammo. I have been Arrested falsely by the police because of an assault claim Steve Mclean...aka Wind_rider and multiple other names and i now have a restraining order against him ...he is trying up and down our coastline to get the sport a bad name .Most of his lies are a twisted version of forum comments taken from all over.
Kev

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:34 am

madworld wrote:
flyingweasel wrote:Correct....

These folk are generally looking for high drama. Kiting is not enough for them. Where there is none they will create it for a self serving/gratifying end, often establishing themselves as some self proclaimed authority under all manner of pretenses and flying the banner of " for us all" and "somebody has to do it" , " think you could do better" etc.

It is all fiction in the first place...pretty sad really, could be kiting!!!
Flyingweasal and longwhitecloud if you are ever in trouble and drifting out to sea, I will be sure to mind my own business and not call the Coast Guard for you.
Now , "This" is kinda important :

I don't like the --flyingweasel-- much ; actually None.
If i saw the f***-head in trouble ; i ((Would)) call the coast-guard or Rangers.

If Ya take things Too Personal ; there's a distinct possibility that you may
loose your Humanity in the possess.

How many steps away, are each of us , from being another Idi Amin,
from Uganda ? Personally , i'de like to Distance myself from those primal impulses !

I don't want anybody Dead ; no mater How pissed off they try to make me . People
like the --weasle-- , they hide behind that Keyboard-courage ; with that feeling of
total anonymity.

I f***-up a Lot ; what Human Doesn't ? I Will try and give an attempt at anything i
do ; I'll try and give Everything i got.
Sometimes i pull it off ; sometimes i Don't.
And no Hiding Here ; I'll tell Ya who i am , and where to find me .

http://www.thekiteboarder.com/wordpress ... lly-floyd/

Bille

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:56 am

They don't necessarily, but..

Cost.
The chances of the person with enough time or motivation on their hands not having a conflict of interest is slim
Restrictions put in place that one group of kiters support but one doesn't - eg younger riders may want to ride that flat slick close in, but the older riders think they are young punk show offs - an exact divide I see here a lot..
They are not inclusive and easily accessible to everyone (like an informative facebook page)
Commercial instructors/brands try to get involved in beach battles/power struggles involving teh clubs and you once again are sent down the conflicts of interest route.
They can represent to the media as being the representative of kiteboarding when something goes wrong - crap like "freak accident" is the fave.
They can play down personal responsibility.
They can have have the opinion that their voice is more valuable than the other kiters because they are a "club" or organization.
They can keep communications between their club /organization and councils/authorities secret without transparency to all local kiters throughout the entire process

clubs can be super fun if run well - its when they overstep things like above that things go bad. actually going to help those going astray goes a long way - rock over like u are the kite police and i see instant problems created

Use local forums, social media /internet to interact - its awesome (just like here right now) - everyones voice, everyones opinion - no one saying you do that or you do this, no "delete from the internet" which is pretty damn impossible (aggregators etc) lol. It's 2014 ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”