Looking for the most comfy straps and pads

Forum for kitesurfers
Kitego
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Looking for the most comfy straps and pads

Postby Kitego » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm looking for a new pair of straps and pads for my new board.
I'm mostly freeriding left and right and do some jumps, no tricks just plain riding.
What straps and pads would you recommend for my bad knees?

flatfour
Rare Poster
Gear: Fuels
Has thanked: 0

Re: Looking for the most comfy straps and pads

Postby flatfour » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:56 pm

I have tried like 20 sets to try and find comfy ones...all down to foot shape really. The North Entity are supposed to be good but I have the Naish Apex ones which are spot on for me.

LTD WaterSports
Medium Poster
Local Beach: DESTIN, Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: Anguilla, OBX, Destin
Style: Freestyle
Gear: BEST, AirRush, F-ONE, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: LTD WaterSports

Postby LTD WaterSports » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:22 pm

The Norths are nice for short periods of riding then they start to hurt the bottom of my feet. The most pads I put on my boards now are the BEST Mercury's or the F-One Platinums. Both are like stepping on clouds.

There's a new style food pad from AirRush thats dual density and I feel locks your feet in far better then most on the market.

you can check them out here:
https://ltdwatersports.com/shop/all-sho ... ap-system/

Seawalker
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandbanks/North Beach/Presqu’ile provincial parks, ON Canada eh!
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay & Scraganne, Ireland.
4mile Port Douglas; Lancelin, Australia.
La Torche, France
Style: oldschool freeride
Gear: epic renegade 9m, Duotone Rebel 13m, north dragon w/ntt.

Past kites: flexifoil storm 10m. Looked awesome, death trap old non safety system
Slinglshot link 12m: Boring! Hated flying, zero wind range.
Airush Flow 10m: true C, ton of fun.

Postby Seawalker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:43 pm

North NTT. Had the original north pads from 07. Felt like your feet had seen a meat baster even after only 30min. Never mind a 2-3hr sesh.
Upgraded to the 2014 ntt's and couldnt be happier. They are super secure can be made to fit wide or narrow feet. And the pad has different softness options. Feel very connected with the board now and my feet dont hurt at all.

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 pm

I have 2012 NTT on my 133 North XRide and 2013 Apex on my 144 Cab. Tronic. I have narrow feet, size US 8.5
I can't tight the NTT's enough. I keep feeling them big. I think I did the right configuration on the different adjustments. Not much place to make a mistake there.
The feeling on the Apex is much better for me. I feel the feet more wrapped and snug, but they get free when they have to.

Both bindings come in one-size-fits-all, so I don't have the wrong size.

I also have a pair of 2012 Cab. Sync on an older board that I don't use very often. I like them. The beds are a bit hard, but the wrapping is good. They feel a bit loose for me, but that's because I got the Standard size. I should have gotten the Small. Small is upto US9 and Standard is US9 and up.
I think Cabrinha doesn't do them anymore. I still have to try the Cab H2.

GregWoj
Medium Poster
Gear: none

Postby GregWoj » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:14 am

Litewave straps... super comfy

Seawalker
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandbanks/North Beach/Presqu’ile provincial parks, ON Canada eh!
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay & Scraganne, Ireland.
4mile Port Douglas; Lancelin, Australia.
La Torche, France
Style: oldschool freeride
Gear: epic renegade 9m, Duotone Rebel 13m, north dragon w/ntt.

Past kites: flexifoil storm 10m. Looked awesome, death trap old non safety system
Slinglshot link 12m: Boring! Hated flying, zero wind range.
Airush Flow 10m: true C, ton of fun.

Postby Seawalker » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 am

MarianoMoll wrote:I have 2012 NTT on my 133 North XRide and 2013 Apex on my 144 Cab. Tronic. I have narrow feet, size US 8.5
I can't tight the NTT's enough. I keep feeling them big. I think I did the right configuration on the different adjustments. Not much place to make a mistake there.
The feeling on the Apex is much better for me. I feel the feet more wrapped and snug, but they get free when they have to.

Both bindings come in one-size-fits-all, so I don't have the wrong size.

I should have clarified my post, I have narrow feet but am a size uk 10/11 (us 11/12) depending on the shoe brand. you are narrow and 3 sizes smaller than me.

As for one size fits all I don't think this describes the NTT's fairly, usually one-size-fits-all t-shirts are sloppy on most people :) to be fair to the NTT's they have multiple tracks to place the straps into (wide/narrow). The tracks also allow the straps to be placed closer to heal or toes. They have dual straps so you can tighten the tow side down more/less relative to the heal side.

The previous north bindings I had were sloppy and I never felt very connected once airborne or when speeding over chop. Now it feels like I have a new board.

My GF has an Epic Droid board with epics bindings, these are very plush air cushioned pads, and they go even tighter than my NTT's can't get my feet in easily after she has set them up (us 7/8).

Obviously if you have a chance to try out some straps, even swap boards with another friendly kiter for a bit. I didn't have that option, took a chance and ordered the NTT's best 100 quid spent on kite gear.

Tom court does a boring but informative video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_4J5ZPGgw
ignore the north track system stuff, I have standard 6" holes on my board, pads fit fine with normal slight duck stance.
here's another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGNlZDdiLo

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:42 am

Naish apex, you can change the rubber for softer or harder feel, baseless so the eva underneath your foot is straight on the board like with boots, 4 velcro closures to adjust the toes and top of foot independantly...micrometric angle adjusment...full featured. I will install them on my 3 boards...they fit my summer and winter booties but you really feel the comfort when your bare foot. The baseless footpad privides better control for great carvings...so far so good I just love them

Lazy kiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Seattle
Favorite Beaches: Windy beaches
Style: On a board
Gear: What ever works

Postby Lazy kiter » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:16 am

flipper231 wrote:Naish apex, you can change the rubber for softer or harder feel, baseless so the eva underneath your foot is straight on the board like with boots, 4 velcro closures to adjust the toes and top of foot independantly...micrometric angle adjusment...full featured. I will install them on my 3 boards...they fit my summer and winter booties but you really feel the comfort when your bare foot. The baseless footpad privides better control for great carvings...so far so good I just love them
+1 very comfortable & adjustable :thumb:

dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer

Postby dragnfly » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 am

+1 Naish Apex

Return to “Kitesurfing”