Local Beach: S.F. Bay Area
Style: all
Gear: Twin tips, surf boards, race boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Foil board arrival!!!

Postby OldGuy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:58 pm

For your first rides......do not use a fast kite, like a Ozone Edge or any other race kite.

Whatever size you choose you'll be way happier if the kite is slow, stable, and stays in the air in light wind conditions. You want to focus on foiling and not have to think about the kite.

I've found that wave kites work good in the beginning.........

Randahl
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SF Bay, San Diego
Favorite Beaches: San Felipe BC, Mission Bay and San Diego at large, Belmont, C Street, Emma Wood, Ledbetter, Sherman, East Bay
Style: Foils and Twins
Gear: Sword 2, Camet, Ozone, F-One
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Randahl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:11 am

OldGuy wrote:For your first rides......do not use a fast kite, like a Ozone Edge or any other race kite.

Whatever size you choose you'll be way happier if the kite is slow, stable, and stays in the air in light wind conditions. You want to focus on foiling and not have to think about the kite.

I've found that wave kites work good in the beginning.........
Truth,

I went from a crossbow to a cloud and it got so much easier...

but now I only fly a chrono, so...

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 pm

I am loving the 3 key pointers. There are really good points in the one i posted in the "hydrofoil" section also. Today its nucking 30mph but tomorrow it should be more around 20 and its gonna be D-day! Pumped to try something new..thanks

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Super stoked!!! Its so addicting. I put some thoughts in a blog, but really what i want to say is, thank you! For all the folks that take time to contribute pisitively to the comunity...thank you. Big help! Lets hope 2015 rocks!!

http://atlantickiteboarding.com/learnin ... oil-board/

Return to “Kitesurfing”