Forum for kitesurfers
tirlibi
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Ride or Naish trip review ?

Postby tirlibi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a new kite for surfing in 12-18nd. My old Rally 10m is dead and was the perfect kite for this use : good low end, light in the sky, quick turn and fast response.

I'm considering the Naish Ride 10m or Naish Trip 10m. Would it be a good choice ? I'm not to worried for the low end, but are those kite quick and fast response ? I''d appreciate any feed back !!! I really don't want dedicated wave riding kite, they generally lack of power, and don't have very good low end range

tks

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Ride or Naish trip review ?

Postby Starsky » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:13 pm

A good buddy has rides. Compared to my rally they are lighter on the bar, faster turning and have a more abrupt top end. The 8 is fantastic. They boost easy enough. Neither is great unhooked. A pain to self land, but overall a great kite, esp for waves. So light.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:10 pm

I think ride would be the best of those. It feels a bit more responsive than the trip, but in different ways..but both kites would fill your description.

I think the low end is similar but a bit different. The ride respond fast..it's a sheeting kind of kite..well both are.

Rixter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Where the wind blows

Postby Rixter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Ever considered to try the Naish Pivot ?
I think this will be an even better replacement for your Rally.

tirlibi
Medium Poster

Postby tirlibi » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for feedbacks,

For surfing in the 13-18nd wind range, shall I go for the Ride 9m or the 10m ? I might consider the 9m, the Ride looks very grunty
I'm looking for the same wind range than the first version of the Rally 10m (which was awesome btw !)

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:18 pm

13-18 is light.

fcwatersports
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandbanks Poole
Favorite Beaches: Big Bay CPT Silver sands,WA
Gear: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit

Postby fcwatersports » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:25 pm

The Rides are fantastic kites we are using them in the school here as they have fantastic low end, stability and easy re-launch, they are also exceptionally smooth in turning and power delivery, i think you would be better going for the 10m in those wind ranges. But like, Rixter said the Pivot is amazing! and it has great low end even for a wave/ free ride kite, you could go for a 10 in the pivot, but it all depends on what you want to spend, Naish have just dropped the 2015/16 rides so you could find a decent priced 2014/2015 ride..

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:05 am

I third the pivot ! I own rides and pivots and although they are both great kites the pivot is far superior !

Neptune
Medium Poster

Postby Neptune » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:13 am

I have a Naish Trip 10m (2013) and have been mightily impressed with its abilities. Wind range is amazing and the boosting is also really high and stable at the top end. You can get the kite flutter on the bar when over powered, as reviews have said, but this doesn't bother me. Kite is very manoeuvrable so easy to land smoothly with after a big boost.

Haven't tried any decent waves with it yet, but I am very happy with it.

I was using my 10m when others were on 14m, but I am only 70kg!! I find the range is 11kts up to 24 kts on twin tips.

The only issue is to weight the kite on the beach, to stop it from lifting. I can solo launch and land with a strap, Can also solo launch with rear line pull and pivot technique, but can't solo land it using the top front line pull method, as no struts mean no shape to make the kite sink onto the beach.

As a one kite quiver, I definitely recommend it. I didn't expect much from it with regards to jumps, but I have been most impressed there.

Is great to have no struts!!

fcwatersports
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandbanks Poole
Favorite Beaches: Big Bay CPT Silver sands,WA
Gear: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit

Postby fcwatersports » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 pm

The Ride is a great kite, Badly Marketed as most people over look it. light, fast, and good drift but also the top end is there. But I hear that Naish are Releasing Some new kites soon, a dedicated wave kite called the Flash. and a replacement for the Park HD called the Dash. not sure about the names but by all accounts Naish have some epic new material for the 2017 range.

Return to “Kitesurfing”