Medium Poster
Local Beach: Emerald Isle
Gear: TBD
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid Force 17.5m Solo

Postby kooshball » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:20 am

Anyone ridden the new LF solo 17.5m yet? If so, what are your impressions?

Fatfish98
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Liquid Force 17.5m Solo

Postby Fatfish98 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:36 pm

I haven't ridden it yet as none in the UK yet but I do a great impression of David Hasslehoff :jump: The 15.5 is a great light wind machine though so the 17.5 should be amazing. We'll post up as soon as we've tried it.

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm

I was on it last week. I have two in stock and one demo...I am not sure why they got rid of the 15.5 that was dumb.

The kite is BIG and has TONS of power. we were riding upwind on a twin tip in 9-13mph. It is super efficient in the low end and light air. BUT as with the big size solos it feels mushy in the turns. So compared to a Zeypher or Flite its not as crisp in the turn but has more power for sure. Turning speed was on par with the other 17s but again, a little mushy feeling.

I also had a day that was 12-16 and I was riding it with boots on a twin. Big long lofty jumps, good for air transitions but I was definitely overpowered.

overall, if you have marginal winds its a good choice!

ps. im 190lbs

kooshball
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Emerald Isle
Gear: TBD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kooshball » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:47 pm

IanNJ wrote:I was on it last week. I have two in stock and one demo...I am not sure why they got rid of the 15.5 that was dumb.

The kite is BIG and has TONS of power. we were riding upwind on a twin tip in 9-13mph. It is super efficient in the low end and light air. BUT as with the big size solos it feels mushy in the turns. So compared to a Zeypher or Flite its not as crisp in the turn but has more power for sure. Turning speed was on par with the other 17s but again, a little mushy feeling.

I also had a day that was 12-16 and I was riding it with boots on a twin. Big long lofty jumps, good for air transitions but I was definitely overpowered.

overall, if you have marginal winds its a good choice!

ps. im 190lbs
Thx for that info...didn't realize they were dumping the 15.5...seems silly to have a 12m-17.5m gap but maybe they are filling it with something?

I weigh 140lbs so I it sounds like I might want to snag a 15.5 since it sounds like there is a fine line between powered up and over powered on that big kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”