Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ram airs crash in 2015

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:00 am

Ram airs crash in 2015

Postby Pump me up » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:10 am

Well girls, here we are, 2015 is almost over. Despite ridiculous over-the-top claims from ram lovers, the Ozone Chrono is CRASHING in 2015.

It's interesting to note that NO ram airs..... no NOT ONE.... feature anywhere near the top of PKRA rankings in ANY discipline. http://www.prokitetour.com/ Yes, it's true: Ram airs crashed in Freestyle, Wave, and Speed results.

Flysurfer RAM LOVERS finally capitulated in 2013. But during this year, RIDICULOUS CLAIMS were made by Chrono lovers, such as a low end ability of < 7 knots and CLAIMS that the Chrono would dominate in 2015.

It hasn't happened. The Chrono has been found to be as deficient as other ram airs. Its low end is 7-8 knots, at best. It is INFERIOR on downwind legs (collapsing, twisting, etc). Relaunch is a NIGHTMARE. It is highly prone to wineglassing and collapsing. It is unstable in gusty conditions. Despite the overhyped claims, the Chrono does not rank in any well subscribed race and has not cracked the top 10 in PKRA race results. It is an unmitigated DISASTER for anything other than windward legs in 3rd tier competitions. It SHOULD NOT be used for freestyle.

As indicated at the outset, the Chrono is as aerodynamically INFERIOR as other ram airs and cannot compete with inflatables in high level racing, low end capability, or freestyle. Below are recorded a number of Chrono problems:
e.g.
joriws wrote:Well I've always said Chrono is a bad copy of other foil kites. Many probably has tried it and did a conclusion that foils kites ball up in the sky and are hard/unsafe to launch, requires high line maintenance and cannot water launch.
The Chrono is NOTORIOUS for balling up, collapsing, wineglassing, instability (esp in gusty conditions), and near impossible water relaunch. It is grossly inferior compared to similar inflatables.
e.g.
e.g
eg viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2360971

Because they lack rigidity, rams deform, twist, wineglass, and jellyfish in the middle of the power zone when they are downwind of obstacles or in gusty conditions. This is VERY dangerous. Ram airs can become uncontrollable in gusty conditions, endangering the rider and other beach users.

Ignore the LIES. Ram airs, including the Chrono, are grossly inferior compared to inflatables.

Kind regards,
Pumpy .................... :pump:

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5864
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:24 am

Top video is not a Chrono, dopey.

You should really post this in the foil kite forum...

User avatar
Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4374
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:12 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Ontario

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby Starsky » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:29 am

Pump me up wrote: the Chrono does not rank in any well subscribed race

http://kitefoilgoldcup.com/index.php/ranking

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3243
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby Bille » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 am

Kamikuza wrote: ...

You should really post this in the foil kite forum...
Kami --- don't Ya remember , posting this ; over on the Foil kites forum ?
Kamikuza wrote:Nice, thanks.

... can we have PMU's paste-fest blocked in here?
And Toby's answer :
Toby wrote:yes, he can only read :naughty:
That was Funny ; the guy in the video yelling : " God D*M Piece o SH*T " !! :angryfire:
YEA --- i've had days like that ! :lol:

Bille

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 6045
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby plummet » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:23 am

hahaha... Thought pumpy had hung up his kite pump bought a foil board and foil kite and gone kiting.... I hadn't heard from him for so long.

You just need to google search kite racing 2015 images to discover how much foil kites are not dominating!

http://www.sail-world.com/photo/photos_ ... acing1.jpg

I wonder who won this race?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, LF, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby joriws » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:52 am

I know I should not be answering the troll but here is interesting statistics for PMU. I'd love to hear her trying to explain :)

Kitesoul magazine reported Woo-jumps which I calculated statistically and drawn. Same two riders, same boards, same weather and first time ever foilers with Sonic. On average every jump with 15m2 Sonic is >2m/7ft higher than with pumps which is over 30% better jump performance. Sonic 11m2 beat them also. PMU, the stage is yours let's hear it..
woo_jumps_kitesoul_mag.png
edit. added "which I calculated.."
Last edited by joriws on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 6045
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby plummet » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 am

joriws wrote:I know I should not be answering the troll but here is interesting statistics for PMU. I'd love to hear her trying to explain :)

Kitesoul magazine reported Woo-jumps calculated statistically and drawn. Same two riders, same boards, same weather and first time ever foilers with Sonic. On average every jump with 15m2 Sonic is >2m/7ft higher than with pumps which is over 30% better jump performance. Sonic 11m2 beat them also. PMU, the stage is yours let's hear it..
woo_jumps_kitesoul_mag.png
What was the wind speed for this test? I assume given the kite sizes it would be around 20 knots?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, LF, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby joriws » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:57 am

plummet wrote:What was the wind speed for this test? I assume given the kite sizes it would be around 20 knots?
Plummet, under original 'topic' there is a link to magazine..
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2390472

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5864
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:16 am

Bille wrote:
Kamikuza wrote: ...

You should really post this in the foil kite forum...
Kami --- don't Ya remember , posting this ; over on the Foil kites forum ?
Kamikuza wrote:Nice, thanks.

... can we have PMU's paste-fest blocked in here?
And Toby's answer :
Toby wrote:yes, he can only read :naughty:
Bille
Yeah I do, actually :wink:

MaxVMG1
Rare Poster
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:01 am
Kiting since: 2010
Style: Racing
Gear: Racing Kit
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Re: Ram airs CrAsH in 2015

Postby MaxVMG1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 am

Pump me up wrote:Well girls, here we are, 2015 is almost over. Despite ridiculous over-the-top claims from ram lovers, the Ozone Chrono is CRASHING in 2015.

It's interesting to note that NO ram airs..... no NOT ONE.... feature anywhere near the top of PKRA rankings in ANY discipline. http://www.prokitetour.com/ Yes, it's true: Ram airs crashed in Freestyle, Wave, and Speed results.

Flysurfer RAM LOVERS finally capitulated in 2013. But during this year, RIDICULOUS CLAIMS were made by Chrono lovers, such as a low end ability of < 7 knots and CLAIMS that the Chrono would dominate in 2015.

It hasn't happened. The Chrono has been found to be as deficient as other ram airs. Its low end is 7-8 knots, at best. It is INFERIOR on downwind legs (collapsing, twisting, etc). Relaunch is a NIGHTMARE. It is highly prone to wineglassing and collapsing. It is unstable in gusty conditions. Despite the overhyped claims, the Chrono does not rank in any well subscribed race and has not cracked the top 10 in PKRA race results. It is an unmitigated DISASTER for anything other than windward legs in 3rd tier competitions. It SHOULD NOT be used for freestyle.

As indicated at the outset, the Chrono is as aerodynamically INFERIOR as other ram airs and cannot compete with inflatables in high level racing, low end capability, or freestyle. Below are recorded a number of Chrono problems:
e.g.
joriws wrote:Well I've always said Chrono is a bad copy of other foil kites. Many probably has tried it and did a conclusion that foils kites ball up in the sky and are hard/unsafe to launch, requires high line maintenance and cannot water launch.
The Chrono is NOTORIOUS for balling up, collapsing, wineglassing, instability (esp in gusty conditions), and near impossible water relaunch. It is grossly inferior compared to similar inflatables.
e.g.
e.g
eg viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2360971

Because they lack rigidity, rams deform, twist, wineglass, and jellyfish in the middle of the power zone when they are downwind of obstacles or in gusty conditions. This is VERY dangerous. Ram airs can become uncontrollable in gusty conditions, endangering the rider and other beach users.

Ignore the LIES. Ram airs, including the Chrono, are grossly inferior compared to inflatables.

Kind regards,
Pumpy .................... :pump:

No need to pump you up you clearly already full of hot air mate!
Chrono was only ever intended for high end racing.

Chrono are still doing well in racing, check the final stop of Kitefoil Gold Cup, Riccardo Andrea Leccese race a 9m Chrono v1 for most of the event. Race positions are fact unlike many of your claims.
Many riders from all brands opted for inflatables due to short legs and lots of down winds turns.
Watch the salom racing from the Attitude Mauritius Freeride League and you'll see how slow inflatablkes are compared to inflatables. again top races on top kites on video, facts!

Only thing dangerous in this post, is you narrow minded views of what other peoples choice are for riding what ever gear the want.

Ride what you want and lets other ride what they chose.

If you want to sight and have a go at the new raim kites for free-ride like Chrono V2, then pick on the new free-ride aim airs.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cglazier, gmb13, SLiiCK and 7 guests

cron