Local Beach: Leucate - France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force - North
Brand Affiliation: Owner of KSV little brand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New kitesurf pocket accessory: kite cleat

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Nothing wrong Plummet, do as you like but as we said just before: It's really nice avoiding freezing your fingers for snowkite and on a boat or on a crowded spot, you just need the free space to pump your kite. You don't have to wait for free 30 meters space and nobody is landing his kite on your lines 10 seconds before you were ready to take off. But yes, you really appreciate it when you get used to it. Before that, you could always say that you don't need it as you have been doing well without it from the beginning...
And you also upgrade your safety in the same move with cutting versions of it... Anyway, it remains your choice.

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:29 pm

plummet wrote:Is this solving a problem that doesn't exist? Whats wrong walking the lines through your fingures?
From recent feedback, I would just like to add that in strong wind conditions, Kitecleat will help you no having flying lines in your back while connecting after untwisting through you fingers. Position is strongly maintain until you open it.

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:03 am

Hi,
And you could also easily check the length balance between your lines ! ;)
P1050419red.jpg
P1050419red.jpg (185.17 KiB) Viewed 1546 times

Kykeon
Medium Poster
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: $iemens

Postby Kykeon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:07 pm

20170729_135510.jpg
I got inspired from this thread and had a look in my wife's collection.... :idea:

Found one that blocks the lines while with minimal force the lines can slide.
It should last one season and it costs a fraction of a €

As with any similar tool, it needs a bit of discipline after landing and attention not to pass the bar or the tool through the lines

Thank you for the idea!

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Starsky » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:03 pm

I don't get it. You can attach your lines to each other in ways to keep them straight, no hardware needed. Personally don't like doing it. I prefer walking my lines. Pack up well and nothing is tangled. The walk is smooth and clean. It's generally one of the marks of a good kiter when you see them walk their lines out in one smooth go. I use the opportunity to both survey the lines, the launch set up and general wind conditions. Takes literally a few seconds to walk your lines this way and I would be willing to bet that I am faster from car to water than 90% of the riders using this cleat.

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Nem0 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Keep your bar attached to your kite and everything is finde ;-)

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Starsky wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:03 pm
attach your lines to each other
It's generally one of the marks of a good kiter when you see them walk their lines out in one smooth go.
use the opportunity to both survey the lines, the launch set up and general wind conditions.
from car to water than 90% of the riders using this cleat.
:thumb:
I ONLY ever wind ONE (1) line as they are connected directly after dis from kite, no worries!
http://www.paragliding-tales-and-review ... knife.html
Used on a bunji necklace with blade neoprene cover that will stop unwanted cuts but not wanted. :idea:
Will cut even thickest trim, c loop lines with ease! Fishing line all cut up, have done it a couple of times! :D
R H

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi guys,

Revhed,
Yes bunji necklace should also do the job for the knife function, are they all in Stainless steel?
Nem0,
Almost right, but you have to be a little careful and have one bar per kite, often more than 500$ now... I have only 2 bars (23 & 27m) in plug and play mode for 3 kites (6/9/12) depending on program (wave, freeride, freestyle) and conditions, covering a very large range in seconds.
Starsky,
Also depending of the spot. In clean sandy beach, you may be as quick but if there are some obstacles on the beach that make your lines turning on themselves not well, I'm pretty sure the kitecleat will be quicker, from a little to a lot in some "half spots" that I know.
Kykeon,
You are welcome for the idea! ;) Not sure it will last very long because of corrosion.

Anyway, an independent review of prototypes there: http://www.wetestkites.com/tag/kite-cleat/
Since then almost 1500 kitecleat sold, so thanks a lot to my users, welcome for others and yes, it's not absolutely necessary to have one to practice kiteboard! ;)

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello Kiteforum members,
For those who care, and only them ;)
Now production tools and website costs are recovered, I can dedicate this ABX version of my product to the brand visibility in order to get in touch with sailing kiters for next steps… ! Waiting, a spring 2018 offer there : http://kitesurfvoilier.fr/en/product/pa ... -sst-2abx/
Visuel-offre-en2.png
And all details about my project and products are still here : http://kitesurfvoilier.fr/en . Be welcome and one more thanks to all Kitecleat users ! :) Best winds to all for 2018 season (with or without line twist ;) ) !

Return to “Kitesurfing”