boazp
Rare Poster
Gear: core xr4, future f14
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Deformed new Carved Imperator V board claimed OK

Postby boazp » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:04 am

alamos_kiter wrote:What you are saying is, you don't care about function, you care if it looks perfect. Oh well.

Now what if your board has a scratch after the first day on the beach: you throw it away? You have it repaired immediately? You call your shocked friends in Berlin?
for god's sake, this is manufacture deformation in a board that costs twice or 3 times as other boards. is it not crystal clear that this is not ok? this is a deformation we can see. what about things that go wrong on the inside of the board? I don't trust their quality control any more. this is their responsibility. if I scratch or brake or burn it up it is my responsibility

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4

Postby Rufusz » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 am

boazp wrote:[quote="alamos_kiter"... if I scratch or brake or burn it up it is my responsibility
Using a $1000 board for braking makes no sense...
I know these badboys are even more expensive but they are designed to do the job and last longer as well. Just my 2¢ ;)

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:59 am

boazp wrote:...for god's sake, this is manufacture deformation in a board that costs twice or 3 times as other boards. is it not crystal clear that this is not ok? this is a deformation we can see. what about things that go wrong on the inside of the board? I don't trust their quality control any more. this is their responsibility. if I scratch or brake or burn it up it is my responsibility
Yeah it is a minor cosmetic imperfection. So what? If you'd judge your wife like that and consider what she costs you, you'd see what I mean. Dunno if you're married, but I think you get my point. :D

RE: quality control, inside the board: if there's a delam problem, you'll find out when your board breaks because of that. Only way. Do you think they xray or CT a freaking board before they ship it? Get a grip. This is not a Formula1 racecar.

Know what? You win. As you said, Carved will go down like the Roman Empire did, because they shipped you a board with a vac bag lip and reimbursed you in full immediately. Have a nice day. :bye:
Last edited by alamos_kiter on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:05 am

boazp wrote:
alamos_kiter wrote:What you are saying is, you don't care about function, you care if it looks perfect. Oh well.

Now what if your board has a scratch after the first day on the beach: you throw it away? You have it repaired immediately? You call your shocked friends in Berlin?
for god's sake, this is manufacture deformation in a board that costs twice or 3 times as other boards. is it not crystal clear that this is not ok? this is a deformation we can see. what about things that go wrong on the inside of the board? I don't trust their quality control any more. this is their responsibility. if I scratch or brake or burn it up it is my responsibility
I just read the first 3 pages of this thread, then gave up and jumped to the last one - to see that nothing has happened since the start :(

Why is this put out here in the first place ?

They have given you the most excellent customer service one can dream about, for one :D

Secondly, it is a personal thing whether you think it is ok or not what you see there, small imperfections - some wont care at all, others will - and thats it.
They take good care of those like you, which is excellent from Carved, kudos for that when not a low priced product, and how it should be :naughty:

Regarding price twice or 3 times as other boards ? I dont get that at all...
Got nothing to do with the topic I know, but a good North 2016 TT cost about 1100 euro which is almost the same price.
A Cabrinha 2016 waveboard also cost around 1100 euro.
And it is only around half the price of the best foilboards :rollgrin:
And almost only a third of the price of a good 18m2 race foil kite :lol:
There are new low cost (or on sale) boards too at only 650 euro, I know, but 3 times the price ? - no way not even close !
Sorry, got nothing to do with the topic IMO, but wrong to claim 2-3 times as other boards :roll:

Thumbs up for Carved who takes care of all customers, also the more touchy ones, thats the thing I get from this thread :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8) Peter

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:16 pm

This thread has been quite educational.Didnt know anything about carved before reading these amusing posts.What I've come away with is that I'll now consider buying a carved board in the future,they're fast, smooth,great pop,totally in a league of there own.Great custumer service.I think the made by hand angle is a positive,easier to make subtle improvements on the fly.Not as expensive as I thought,on par with many mainstream brands.Thanks all!

boazp
Rare Poster

Postby boazp » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:13 am

pj sofine wrote:This thread has been quite educational.Didnt know anything about carved before reading these amusing posts.What I've come away with is that I'll now consider buying a carved board in the future,they're fast, smooth,great pop,totally in a league of there own.Great custumer service.I think the made by hand angle is a positive,easier to make subtle improvements on the fly.Not as expensive as I thought,on par with many mainstream brands.Thanks all!
well with such a "positive" "way of looking at things, pitty I didnt sell you the deformed board. you would shurely "love" it

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4

Postby Rufusz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:43 am

pj sofine wrote:This thread has been quite educational.Didnt know anything about carved before reading these amusing posts.What I've come away with is that I'll now consider buying a carved board in the future,they're fast, smooth,great pop,totally in a league of there own.Great custumer service.I think the made by hand angle is a positive,easier to make subtle improvements on the fly.Not as expensive as I thought,on par with many mainstream brands.Thanks all!
A fine example of guerilla marketing ;-)

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:03 pm

All hype the marketing behind kiting and you suckers eat it up like drunk Zombies.

Just a cosmetic defect kiters are kooks go back to golf barney.

boazp
Rare Poster

Postby boazp » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:39 am

Peter_Frank wrote:
boazp wrote:

I just read the first 3 pages of this thread, then gave up and jumped to the last one - to see that nothing has happened since the start :(

Why is this put out here in the first place ?

They have given you the most excellent customer service one can dream about, for one :D

Secondly, it is a personal thing whether you think it is ok or not what you see there, small imperfections - some wont care at all, others will - and thats it.
They take good care of those like you, which is excellent from Carved, kudos for that when not a low priced product, and how it should be :naughty:

Regarding price twice or 3 times as other boards ? I dont get that at all...
Got nothing to do with the topic I know, but a good North 2016 TT cost about 1100 euro which is almost the same price.
A Cabrinha 2016 waveboard also cost around 1100 euro.
And it is only around half the price of the best foilboards :rollgrin:
And almost only a third of the price of a good 18m2 race foil kite :lol:
There are new low cost (or on sale) boards too at only 650 euro, I know, but 3 times the price ? - no way not even close !
Sorry, got nothing to do with the topic IMO, but wrong to claim 2-3 times as other boards :roll:

Thumbs up for Carved who takes care of all customers, also the more touchy ones, thats the thing I get from this thread :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8) Peter
the board I bought costs exactly between half and a third of Imperator V. next you will probably claim it is not black...

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Black? :)
carved%202.jpg
carved%202.jpg (61.41 KiB) Viewed 608 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”