Local Beach: Pine harbour
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai, Orewa, Port Waikato
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Not happy with Ion after sales service

Postby Kithib » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:00 am

he is helping already it's just taking ages because he need to deal with Ion international as the NC distributor refuses to do his job...

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Jbrook wrote: ...
more brands need a Dan.
A bit off topic here :
but there Really are people in the world , that genuinely care about other
people, more than the money they can squeeze out of them !! With me it's hit & miss , depending
on how well my coffee worked that morning ; but i surely ain't a Dan , (wish i was) .

Like yesterday , i had a homeless-guy ask me for a few spare dollars ; they use to ask for spare change and
i always keep 3 quarters in my pocket for that purpose , (but he wanted green, so i kept my silver). It
seams that today, people want your money ; then they want you to go away, and not bother them anymore ?
The business ethic of a bunch of companies is the same as that homeless-guy ; if he thought a bit further
down the line, i would have bin a good source for more change tomorrow, (now, he'll never get a cent out of me)
EVER .

Bille

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Billy email me

Kithib
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pine harbour
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai, Orewa, Port Waikato
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Kithib » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 am

So the end of the story. Even with Dan pushing hard Ion/North international didn't replace the 2015 harness. I will now stay far away from Ion and North product.

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Re: Not happy with Ion/North after sales service

Postby adamj2281 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Reviving this thread - I've had my Ion Apex Select for 14 months and it pinched my ribs at first and their rope slider had a horrible design (one piece of rope looped through two eyelids with knots on the other end - shredded it in 3 sessions - I changed it to 2 pieces of rope with knots on each side, works well now).

Anyways, after some initial issues I really started to like it coming off a Dakine Renegade. Went out for a session today, and took a few tacts and it was really loose on me all of a sudden. I came in to find that the right side buckle had almost completely ripped from the tensioning kite line that holds it in place. I was literally a single kite line away from a lost kite and a very long swim.

I'm going to reach out to the store I bought it from, but this is a bit concerning.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau

Postby ChickenD!ken » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Can’t complain about ION’s wetsuits and I’ve never used their harnesses. But I’ve become allergic to the big sales brands when it comes to my quiver. North and Cabrinha especially can get stuffed..

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:54 am

I have to give it to Ion/North - they replaced my harness after warranty. Hopefully this one won't snap.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:20 am

It's completely normal for a brand to ask you to work thru the company (shop) who sold you the product. It's normal process in most industries and a legal requirement in most countries. It's not the brand or factory's job to help you - it's the job of the people you bought it from, that's what they get paid for.

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:26 am

Looking through pictures and of description of events I can understand why some of these harness have failed.

Harness fitment needs to be tight. Any movement induces wear. Factor in a bit of sand between the metal and webbing, it will simply wear through.

In comparison I have had friends wear through centre lines or harness straps in no time. Advising them to keep there gear sand free or at least was it off prior to use, they say they do, but I've caught out these guys out with sand on their kit. No doubt with sand wedged between the leading edge and canopy also.

Look after your kit guys.

On the subject of ION. This year I purchased the new B2 harness shorts to replace 2011 B2 harness (which is still going strong as I keep it sand free). With it being several versions newer I struggled to get the correct size/fitment. I brought this to the attention of the UK ION team who couldn't have been more helpful. Credit to them, I'd most certainly buy again. But won't need to for some years to come BECAUSE I KEEP MY GEAR SAND FREE! 🤣😂

Return to “Kitesurfing”