DICE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ss bar exam

Postby b_federico » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:08 am

dylan* wrote:
b_federico wrote:Hey guys,
where do you usually attach the leash when riding suicide mode on this bar??? Have anyone tried attaching it to the metal ring and the chicken loop at the same time? so in case of emergency you could flag the kite.
Yes, this is the recommended way for suicide on bars you can do this with. Best of both worlds.
I use that setting on my north bar, but with the slingshot i'm afraid that the css bungee will get stretched, and probably pull (a little bit) from one of the center lines. What do you think?

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:10 am

Nah it doesn't. The bungee can stretch pretty far before it pulls a line, try it and see. My kite always sits right where I left it when I'm reeling the leash in

edit: should add that i just put the CSS webbing around the chicken loop, not the metal ring.

b_federico
Rare Poster
Gear: RPM
DICE
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby b_federico » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:15 am

dylan* wrote:Nah it doesn't. The bungee can stretch pretty far before it pulls a line, try it and see. My kite always sits right where I left it when I'm reeling the leash in

edit: should add that i just put the CSS webbing around the chicken loop, not the metal ring.
Sounds good! I will try it. Just a little concerned about the red CSS webbing resistance.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:35 pm

I sincerely hope you are joking

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Since this old topic was re-born, it's worth noting that in 2017 Slingy got away with the second auto swivel up high, and now only has the manual swivel down low.

I have had both versions and liked both of them.
The 2017 is more light weight because it doesn't have that large swivel up top and instead has a very simple split ring setup to handle the center lines and safety. It's nice.

The downside is now that all of your untwists are manual, but, since the above the bar failed so often for me anyway on ocean sessions, I don't miss it. In fact, with both swivels it was sometimes a challenge to untwist becuase you had to build up a lot of manual twists between the bar and the auto-swivel to get the center lines to untwist. Simpler now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”