Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Bar too far away

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Bar too far away

Postby Laughingman » Wed May 18, 2016 9:23 pm

ThickAir wrote:
dylan* wrote: The standard chicken loops and stock bar throw is good for 99% of kiters.
Bullshit. Every single one of my kiting friends adjusts the throw when they get a new bar (North riders, all.)
Yah but what about your non kiting friends...? Do they adjust the throw as well? Or are they like the rest of the 99%

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Thu May 19, 2016 1:28 am

ThickAir wrote:
dylan* wrote: The standard chicken loops and stock bar throw is good for 99% of kiters.
Bullshit. Every single one of my kiting friends adjusts the throw when they get a new bar (North riders, all.)
Maybe this says something more about North bars needing adjustment than anything else :rollgrin:

But in all seriousness, we're talking about "the bar is always too far away from me", not a preference for how much throw you like. I usually adjust mine too so I have less throw and more room to trim.

pākihiroa
Medium Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pākihiroa » Thu May 19, 2016 12:04 pm

I can't be bothered reading the entire thread, but, in case someone hasn't mentioned it already, the answer is obvious. Save the walk or the drive to your local and get yourself a home bar. The small ones are not that expensive. Search 'home bar' on eBay. There's a nice one listed right at the moment for only $176.

Of course you might end up drinking alone a lot which, I guess, kind of defeats the purpose.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Style: wave
Gear: blade AR wave

Postby alfredo68 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Anyone knows if it s possible to adjust the throw length of the Airush Progression bar?
My bar it s really far , i can handle it with normal wind (but prefer shorter throw) but the other day when overpowered it increased my tennis elbow.

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:20 pm

pākihiroa wrote:
Thu May 19, 2016 12:04 pm
I can't be bothered reading the entire thread, but, in case someone hasn't mentioned it already, the answer is obvious. Save the walk or the drive to your local and get yourself a home bar. The small ones are not that expensive. Search 'home bar' on eBay. There's a nice one listed right at the moment for only $176.

Of course you might end up drinking alone a lot which, I guess, kind of defeats the purpose.
We have a winner!! Personally this is a non-issue. I decided to give up drinking altogether for the year. Good thing I live in Colorado.

AP Kite Club
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa, Spain
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Airush
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby AP Kite Club » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:59 pm

alfredo68 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 pm
Anyone knows if it s possible to adjust the throw length of the Airush Progression bar?
My bar it s really far , i can handle it with normal wind (but prefer shorter throw) but the other day when overpowered it increased my tennis elbow.
Hi, normally only the Airush diamond or AP bar has a short bar throw.
If you don't want to spend money on the new bar, then there is an option for a short throw depower line as a spare part, but you'll have to put a small extension on the power lines, to compensate the difference in length.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Style: wave
Gear: blade AR wave

Postby alfredo68 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:20 pm

AP Kite Club wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:59 pm
alfredo68 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 pm
Hi, normally only the Airush diamond or AP bar has a short bar throw.
If you don't want to spend money on the new bar, then there is an option for a short throw depower line as a spare part, but you'll have to put a small extension on the power lines, to compensate the difference in length.
Thanks for your reply!
I ve use my bar first 15 times on factory settings and now that i ve checked and trimmed it found that the mid lines where 10/15 cm longer than steering lines. Now that they are all even i should be ok !!! (no i see why my AR wave s had not much top end)

johnwhrix
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Smithville Lake, Missouri
Favorite Beaches: Grand Cayman, Barkers Beach. Bahia Honda, Florida Keys
Style: freeride
Gear: Epic and Cabrinha kites. I make my own carbon fiber boards.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby johnwhrix » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm

This is an old post, but I wanted to add my opinion. I had the same problem. A different size kite makes no difference at all if you are stretching to reach the bar. The bar will still be too far away. I had to reach as far as I could to just to get hold of the bar. With my arms outstretched, I still was pretty much pulling all the power into the bar. It wasn't a matter of trimming the kite; it was just that my arms are shorter than average. With a waist harness the hook would ride up higher and make the problem worse. It wasn't till I switched to a seat harness that the problem was solved. It keeps the hook lower down and makes the reach shorter.

Return to “Kitesurfing”