Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Cabrinha Fireball System

Postby dracop » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:29 am

So I was watching the Fireball system video again to try to understand it.

Cabrinha Fireball looks interesting, but I do have a question. Whats the interior of that ball made of and how is that secured against the lines of the kite. I mean youc an tell the pu coated tendon is probably line underneath, capable of transmitting the power to our harness and thus use your weight as resistance. But what is that line attached to inside the ball and what is the ball made of to hold that much power? I wonder how extreme they tested this system - if my 110kg (250lb) self decides to throw some megaloops (I can throw some serious Wang kiteloops and will be working on true megaloops this coming year), will this system break (probably lol).

It would help to know hat the ball is made of and what the line inside the PU coated tended is attaching to inside the ball.

Thoughts?

Some new innovations this year, North with tis Click bar, Cabrinha with Fireball, Core with their medley of improvements, Naish with Quad-tex (lol it helps ME, doubt it helps anyone else). Perhaps we should do an Innovation of the Year Award for 2017? We can revisit it in 3 years and decide who actually came up with the best idea this year given there are a bunch of innovations.

PS: Ph, and someone needs to tell Neil Pryde Group that heroin chic models are not a good image in kiteboarding. Those models were hideous.

Return to “Kitesurfing”