Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Vegas vs cab chaos - hangtime

Forum for kitesurfers
dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer
Brand Affiliation: None

Vegas vs cab chaos - hangtime

Postby dragnfly » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Before you start calling me names, yes - I'm aware that neither of these kites are designed for hangtime - but hell - who doesn't like a big floaty boostathon sometimes?
Has anyone had plenty of sessions on both these kites - enough to compare the hangtime/ float of them? I'd be keen to hear what you think.
Thanks.

swimmer
Medium Poster
Style: TRICKS
Gear: Liquid Force, Cabrinha, Best

Re: Vegas vs cab chaos - hangtime

Postby swimmer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:28 am

Unfortunately I can't give you any feedback on the Vegas or Chaos but if you are looking into a Ckite with great hangtime and easy boosting I would recommend the Switch Legacy. Legacy is a high aspect kite (aspect ratio of 5) and has comparable hangtime to almost any other high aspect 4-line bridled inflatable kite.

I have ridden these ckites: Fuel, Hifi-X2, Torch, GP and Legacy....out of all of them the Legacy's hangtime is pretty much the best for the size. Doing landing loops with the Legacy I would often get a "second lift" which rarely happens on any of the other Cs I have flown unless you catch a gust during the heliloop

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle

Re: Vegas vs cab chaos - hangtime

Postby RideLow » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:19 am

Chaos gives you a better hangtime. both have more or less the same height. Vegas comes down faster or so it feels.

Both kites work well for boosting as long as its windy as hell and you send it proper :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”