Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

forum for kitesurfers


kaioe
Rare Poster
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: capetown
Style: wave
Gear: 7m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby kaioe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:54 pm

or just get 1 kite have fun when conditions are best at your spot ....the other time get a beer and watch others struggling with to little or to much wind...just my thoughts ....i´m a bit weird;-)
i started with 3 kites than 2 ended with just 1 now i´m back to 2 sizes 6,7 on a surfboard ..

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby plummet » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Flyboy wrote:Kite brands with 2m gaps are problematic IMO. It forces you to choose between 2m gap (too little) or 4m (too much). Better to offer 1m gaps so that you can pick the appropriate combo for your weight, the winds you kite in, the kind of board you ride & the kind of kiting you do.

Yes true for the little kites I have 6,7,8
Mmmmmmh! The choice!

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby plummet » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 pm

kaioe wrote:or just get 1 kite have fun when conditions are best at your spot ....the other time get a beer and watch others struggling with to little or to much wind...just my thoughts ....i´m a bit weird;-)
i started with 3 kites than 2 ended with just 1 now i´m back to 2 sizes 6,7 on a surfboard ..
But what is to much and too little wind? What is ideal conditions? With my foil/mutant 6 kite combo I can ride powered in any condition and have fun from 8 to 45 knots. Choppy shit to monster seas all fun!

kaioe
Rare Poster
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: capetown
Style: wave
Gear: 7m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby kaioe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 pm

i said i´m weird ....over the years i found 16-25 kt is my favorite ...below that kites are just monsters ..above 30kt it´s mostly gusty as hell and no waves anymore just choppy water...

sure if you just wanna ride back and forth and it makes you happy than its ok ....

as i said i had 3 kites 3 boards but it just didn´t make me happy ....just alot of stuff ...and never sure if i pump up the right kite size...

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby plummet » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:39 am

kaioe wrote:i said i´m weird ....over the years i found 16-25 kt is my favorite ...below that kites are just monsters ..above 30kt it´s mostly gusty as hell and no waves anymore just choppy water...

sure if you just wanna ride back and forth and it makes you happy than its ok ....

as i said i had 3 kites 3 boards but it just didn´t make me happy ....just alot of stuff ...and never sure if i pump up the right kite size...
I use my 8m from 10 knots on the foil. Fully powered about 15 knots on the 8m.
30-40 knots is my favourite!. Crazy swell and wind happens around here when its 30+

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:33 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Gear:
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Florida

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby dylan* » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:52 pm

I'd rather have multiple kites and ride 5 days a week rather than 1 and 5 days a year :/

Archer77
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:42 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Porto Pollo, Sardegna
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone Zephyr v5 17m
Ozone Catalyst v1 12m, 9m
Shinn Bronq 135/41
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby Archer77 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 pm

in any case this picture is pretty emblematic
WhatsApp Image 2017-03-22 at 10.33.47.jpeg
min 1:27 sec
phpBB [video]

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: how many squaremeters between the first 2 kites for a beginner?

Postby plummet » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 pm

dylan* wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:52 pm
I'd rather have multiple kites and ride 5 days a week rather than 1 and 5 days a year :/
true that.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rogue_kiteboarder, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests