Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Interchanging Bars with Kite Brands

Forum for kitesurfers
Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Interchanging Bars with Kite Brands

Postby Hugh2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:04 am

Not sure I understand why you single out OR kites as needing adapters. I use Best bars and need adapters for my Cabrinha and Naish kites to overcome their kook proofing.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Hugh2 wrote:Not sure I understand why you single out OR kites as needing adapters. I use Best bars and need adapters for my Cabrinha and Naish kites to overcome their kook proofing.
2 reasons:
1)We could certainly push it a few steps further and specify exactly what kind of adapters you'd need (if you'd need) for every single combination, but again - the goal was to make a simple, visual guide - and not a bible.

2)There are adapters and there are "adapters". As far as my opinion and experience goes - everybody should have an extra set of universal (equal-length) pigtails in their kitebag, along with a self-landing rig. Besides, on most sanely-built bars these days (LF, Airush, Core, Zeeko, etc), stock pigtails are removable and reversible (and easily replaceable due to wear and tear), so I don't even count these as adapters anymore.

But then - there are "adapters" like in the case of OR. Hopefully they fired the genius who came up with the unequal lines a long time ago.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks Alexeyga!

As I said, the soon to be launched (2017+ chart version) Stick Shift bar will come ready to fly with all other brand of kite and Ocean Rodeo riders will need to convert it back to work with their kites and by 2018 we will have transitioned to the same line lengths as the other industry players.

JZ

Gongshowkiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hamilton harbour, Ontario. They call me the "king of the harbour"
Favorite Beaches: Probably the harbour. Lots of sweet birds and goose shit. Can't beat it.
Style: Mostly kook style. Lots of tomahawking.
Gear: I ride it all
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Gongshowkiter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Alexeyga

I am happy OR is going with 4 equal lines on their stick shift bar. Looks like you will have to update your chart again haha. I think your yellow column for anyone who is not familiar to OR is confusing. It would be better to just say it's compatible. An OR kite or bar comes with everything to fly with every other bar or kite so it should be considered compatible. Your definition of "adaptors" just confuses the newer Kiter's.

It's nice how control bars have become more universal. Now we just need the hydrofoil mounting plates to do the same. Please make a chart for this

Return to “Kitesurfing”