Ozone Edge V9: Post Pictures & Information Here

Forum for kitesurfers
Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Edge V9: Post Pictures & Information Here

Postby Robsw6 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Faxie wrote:The heavier barpressure is probably one of the changes that cured the wingtip problems ;)
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tone wrote:I have asked for one to be put aside for me as soon as they arrive in the UK. Time to upgrade my 2014! 10m :)

Fat Blokes - Tom who works at the importers said that they have made the kite all about jumping and that it no longer folds in on the tips when bigger guys send it in huge winds (something mine does unless I have it pumped up to a scary PSI)

Heavier bar pressure too, can't wait!

p.s. the vid from above, thanks for that but the second one that plays of Seb C is no WAY near 21m... looks like about 10-12m
The heavier barpressure is probably one of the changes that cured the wingtip problems ;)
don't mind as I know I'd rather have a kite with heavy bar pressure that DOESN'T fold up when you send it at the mega top end of the wind range.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm

I like some feedback too, as long as it doesn't compromise turning speed.

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Teabageppo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:13 am

If anything it sounds like the AR has been reduced, this will increase the turning speed not drop it.

gilana
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 70KG
Local Beach: We live on our sailing yacht and at the moment we are in the San Blas Islands of Panama, and we sometimes have visiting guests to come spend a week of wind with us...

Laura and Mike
Favorite Beaches: Chameys in San Andres Isla Colombia
Yansaladup in Kuna Yala Panama
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone Edge 9m V8
Ozone Edge 9m V9
Ozone Edge 10m V9
Caution Santa Cruz Redline 132 TT
Epic Droid V2 135x41 TT
Chemical 132 TT
North Directional
Brand Affiliation: None, I wish.

Postby gilana » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:12 am

My money is on March release, and its going to be awesome, they have had time to put a lot of work into it.
I expect faster turns, and tighter feel, like your good old Edge on steroids.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:39 am

Tone wrote:Fat Blokes - Tom who works at the importers said that they have made the kite all about jumping and that it no longer folds in on the tips when bigger guys send it in huge winds (something mine does unless I have it pumped up to a scary PSI)
Yes it's been hilarious over at the Australian forum to read about LE folding problems, and the advice to pump the kite way up past Ozone recommendations from the national distributor, who is the same clown who denies warranty claims due to...over-inflation :lol:

Subculture
Rare Poster
Style: Oldride :-)
Gear: Mako. Other 'squarer' TT's. Sector 60 V1.5
Race and other High AR kites. High AR is best.. (even C's) :-)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Subculture » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Tone wrote:Fat Blokes - Tom who works at the importers said that they have made the kite all about jumping and that it no longer folds in on the tips when bigger guys send it in huge winds (something mine does unless I have it pumped up to a scary PSI)
Yes it's been hilarious over at the Australian forum to read about LE folding problems, and the advice to pump the kite way up past Ozone recommendations from the national distributor, who is the same clown who denies warranty claims due to...over-inflation :lol:
Australian forum..? Oh, Pimpbreeze.. I know the one :rollgrin:

What you say is spot on. How many of your posts have been deleted because you don't contribute financially to the 'club'... "We don't want your opinions around here sonny, they're bad for business" :angryfire:
It's pathetic to watch.. Dare to inflate your Edge above 6PSI and you'll void your warranty. FFS!

Terry the 'tool' thinks he's above criticism over there though. Statement, contradiction, statement, contradiction.. - and laughs all the way to the bank. Don't you dare point that out though...
Sad thing is, the whole site is almost solely composed of importers, dealers, 'team riders', yes men, paid puppets, aka's.. I sometimes wonder if there is anyone who isn't connected at some a'hole level!
Best advice I could give, is don't post there. I gave up ages ago. Like democracy, a forum is supposed to be about free speech.

Thank f'k for Kiteforum! :bye:

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Subculture wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
Australian forum..? Oh, Pimpbreeze.. I know the one :rollgrin:

What you say is spot on. How many of your posts have been deleted because you don't contribute financially to the 'club'... "We don't want your opinions around here sonny, they're bad for business" :angryfire:
It's pathetic to watch.. Dare to inflate your Edge above 6PSI and you'll void your warranty. FFS!

Terry the 'tool' thinks he's above criticism over there though. Statement, contradiction, statement, contradiction.. - and laughs all the way to the bank. Don't you dare point that out though...
Sad thing is, the whole site is almost solely composed of importers, dealers, 'team riders', yes men, paid puppets, aka's.. I sometimes wonder if there is anyone who isn't connected at some a'hole level!
Best advice I could give, is don't post there. I gave up ages ago. Like democracy, a forum is supposed to be about free speech.

Thank f'k for Kiteforum! :bye:
off on a tangent here ?! And they accuse Brits of being whinging Poms :wink:

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Too true Rob, this is about the V9.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:32 am

TheRussian wrote:off on a tangent here ?! And they accuse Brits of being whinging Poms :wink:
fat blokes can fly wrote:Too true Rob, this is about the V9.
Oh the irony of posting off-topic comments about off-topic posts :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”