Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Quiver Building – Kites & Boards & Wings

Forum for kitesurfers
PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn
Brand Affiliation: None

Quiver Building – Kites & Boards & Wings

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:46 am

Seems like we tend to not only build up quivers of different kite sizes, types and shapes but also several boards of styles, types and shapes. Sizes and types are sometimes the easiest to define, shapes and styles seem to be the most subjective. When we do get a kite/board combo that is dialed for our style it’s fantastic. For wind/wave conditions, kite size and board rocker seem to be the first things I think about for use. As I progressed with TTs and SBs I got boards with more rocker to match higher/challenging wind and wave conditions. My guestimates for what I use are:
TablesTT-SB.jpg
TablesTT-SB.jpg (37.24 KiB) Viewed 403 times
A quiver of hydrofoil boards, masts, and wings is something I don’t really want to end up with down the road. For learning smaller masts are available, but after learning you might keep them for others to learn on, or sell em. A few companies are offering interchangeable wings, implying you could keep your mast and board the same. So my question is after you have progressed from years of riding foilboards, did you end up with multiple setups/boards/wings/masts that you use or have you narrowed/sold your quiver down to one setup that fits your style? And if you have different setups what is the first thing you think of matching to the conditions (I put Aspect Ratio in my guestimate table as an example but there may be other things like mast height for waves that is equally/more important)?
TablesHF.jpg
TablesHF.jpg (19.46 KiB) Viewed 403 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”