Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

suggestion about kitebording sports to practice West palm beam to Keylargo Florida

Forum for kitesurfers
kk0239
Rare Poster
Local Beach: fort lauderdale beach miami beach
Gear: none
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

suggestion about kitebording sports to practice West palm beam to Keylargo Florida

Postby kk0239 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:00 am

Hello Everyone,

I am a beginner and recently started learning kiteboarding completed 3 hr lessons. I bought my own gear and wanted to spend more hours practicing body dragging and waterstarts.

I live in south florida.. Does anyone know of good shallow spots that i can go ( will take canoe if needed) which is less/zero crowded where i can go and practice my skills.

any suggestions appreciated. If its a secret spot that you dont want to share publicly, please send PM :-)

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Re: suggestion about kitebording sports to practice West palm beam to Keylargo Florida

Postby dylan* » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:08 am

the keys is mostly sketchy launches that I wouldn't recommend a beginner try to go to alone. the only other flat water spots I can think of around there are crandon and matheson hammock, both of which require an IKO level 3 certification if you're not taking a lesson

rather than looking for flat water id recommend just finding an empty beach farther north. there should be plenty of days in the spring where the waves won't be as crazy as they have been (double overhead in boca last weekend) and youll be able to practice your water starts. once you get north of fort lauderdale/pompano the beaches open up a lot in terms of rules since they aren't as crowded. i.e. no body dragging through buoys and all that shit

kk0239
Rare Poster

Re: suggestion about kitebording sports to practice West palm beam to Keylargo Florida

Postby kk0239 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:30 am

dylan* wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:08 am
once you get north of fort lauderdale/pompano the beaches open up a lot in terms of rules since they aren't as crowded. i.e. no body dragging through buoys and all that shit
Actually that works for me.. I live in FLL and dont mind driving north.. know of any specific spot that I can look at first?

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 pm

kk0239 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:30 am
Actually that works for me.. I live in FLL and dont mind driving north.. know of any specific spot that I can look at first?
Boca: Spanish River Blvd (walk north of the lifeguard towers) parking right on spanish river/40th st hourly, or inside the park for $18
Delray: Casuarina Rd & A1A (walk south of the lifeguard towers) parking in Anchor Park or along the beach
Deerfield: north of the pier about 200 yards, park in the parking garage and walk. only good if its mostly sideshore because of the condos on the beach

kk0239
Rare Poster

Postby kk0239 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Dylan, thats excellent info. Appreciate your inputs. Will check out the spots

Return to “Kitesurfing”