Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: New mobile game 'Kiteboard Hero' offers realistic kite action

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

If you could turn your phone for left and right it would really a perfect help for beginners, since even more realistic.

lovethepirk
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Almost air tacking on hydrofoil...
Gear: Delta Race Hydrofoil, 15m SS Turbine, 12m Switchblade, 9m Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby lovethepirk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:44 am

Newbie here :baby: :baby: :baby: I'm in training mode. I'm stuck like a mofo in carving mode, holy sheet I can't carve help me!!! :angryfire: :angryfire:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:27 am

Don't they have a show me tool which shows you what to do?

FreddyKite
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby FreddyKite » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:24 pm

KiteDR wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:13 pm
Jzh_perth wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 am
Enjoying it so far but I WISH I could swap the kite control to the right side (thumb). That's my only complaint as a right hander
Yeah, controls are a bit funky for me as well...

Anyone else wonder if it's too realistic in terms of training? Already have a problem with people having no experience trying it out for the first time in a spot and having a problem happen and not knowing how to deal with it. That's how people get hurt and we lose access. I'm all for new riders in the sport! But wondering if there's a way to promote proper lessons here?
If the bar could be in the bottom middle and extend to about 75% of the screen width it would be perfect (for me). Maybe a semi-transparent bar so it doesn't block you from seeing other things.

fpvSB
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Leadbetter, Santa Barbara
Style: Nasty
Gear: LiquidForce, Zeeko
Been thanked: 0

Postby fpvSB » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:00 pm

I am just trying to get 3 stars on the challenge mode #10.. got all the achievements etc. played this game for wayy too long

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Yeah this game is pretty cool. Definitely some left brain stuff going on controlling the kite and edging the board. The carving tutorial took a few tries....(30+) It's a good $2 time killer that's for sure.
Speaking of killer, it really nukes my battery.........but that's just my hog jumbotron cellphone. It gets hot after about 15 min playing.lol That's all my attention span is really good for anyway.

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 am

Just downloaded it. In 5 minutes up to the carving. Getting stuck there. Problem is the bar pressure and board feeling seem to be absent. Gives me a hard time to be strictly dependant on sight...

In real life I tried Kitesurfing with my eyes closed. That seems to be easier :lol:

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 am

Hey nice update Kiteboard Hero! I'm curious if you guys are following feedback from here on Kiteforum? Lol
The bigger bar and sensitivity settings helped! The guys wanting bar controls on the right side can now change too.

Now if we could only change the rider out of the full wetsuit to just harness and boardshorts that would be great!......also any chance of adding a Carved Imperator to the board mix? 😉

While I'm wishing, can you please add a map with waves to boost off of!

This game is really cool.
Thank you!

pmania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Workum
Favorite Beaches: Nice beach at the sea, with some good waves!
Style: freestyle
Gear: Switch Legacy v2 9m, Element v3 9m & Nitro v3 12m +v6 10m 2 x Controller 3 and MJ 140x43 Pansh A15 18m
Naish Aero 14m North Rhino 2009 10m Jaime Pro 2005 M
Old & broken: North Rhino's 2005 10m+14m Rhino 2006 14m and vegas 2007 7m F-One Impact 2006 9m

Postby pmania » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Hey, I tried some backrolls kiteloop and front rolls kiteloop. The front rolls look far more better btw.
Let me upload what i recordered to youtube nothing special i am sure you guys could do mucht better, maybe a cast thingy would be very nice for this game so you can cast to chromecast for a big screen or even to the desktop if chromecast doesnt support casting I tried lonelyscreen and teamviewer the last one works better but still no sound.

Dang it looks so much better then on any phone, maybe a tablet screen is very nice for this game! :) :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiCe4G7 ... e=youtu.be <- Still uploading only 155 MegaBytes shouldn't take too long! Ohw its done, but it should get there in 60FPS don't know if it will show as full HD or not. Ohw k looks like full HD, nice.

And kiteforum is very slow from the Netherlands tonight, maybe its my ISP downloading seems slow also!

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Postby fluidity » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 am

I downloaded it.
It's pretty realistic for an android game, similar level as Leo's RC Simulator for RC planes.
I'm doing all sorts of kite loops, board grabs and 360s and 580s that I haven't figured out how do do yet in real life though!
It's reminding me that some of my learning works best on an under powered kite just mucking around body dragging.I'm 51 and I've only pulled off a couple of downloop gybes so far in 2 and a bit years though I have gusty local conditions and a lot of chop.... neither of which are in kiteboard hero!

What I love about the game:
The freedom to try things out that would probably injure me and take me off the water for a month + easy.
Like Kite loops without getting smashed on re-entry to the water.
Doing the spins powered up and trying new stuff, linking things up and the easy challenge side of it.
The behaviour of the digital kites, especially the rapid relaunch.

What I don't like so much:
How it tidies up too much of the bits and pieces that you have in real life, bar pressure, board weight distribution, speed drop off when you try to go too high up wind. These things reduce the realism but at the same time I can't help feeling that if I play it more I'll feel more comfortable with looping even though I don't feel the up wind/down wind position of the kite and body position relative to the kite in the air are very well represented.

So in summary? Great toy that encourages basic understanding of the physics of kite control but it only goes so far in duplicating real world conditions.
Back to some more kiteboard hero challenges yeah!

Return to “Kitesurfing”