Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lettuce Be Cereal, What is best kite for Boost High/kiteloops

Postby jeromeL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 pm

qbanboy14 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 pm
Sweet pic. i do want to demo the Best GP, i've never tried it, the bar looks sweet.
The bar is nice, it has a manual swivel below bar.
The Best GP bar comes with a giant chicken loop which I like but my friends would switch it with the smaller loop because they feel like they have to reach too far to sheet out bar.

Here I see giant chicken loop:
IMG_3371.JPG

qbanboy14
Rare Poster
Gear: cabrinha and crazy fly
Been thanked: 0

Postby qbanboy14 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:48 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 pm
qbanboy14 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 pm
Sweet pic. i do want to demo the Best GP, i've never tried it, the bar looks sweet.
The bar is nice, it has a manual swivel below bar.
The Best GP bar comes with a giant chicken loop which I like but my friends would switch it with the smaller loop because they feel like they have to reach too far to sheet out bar.

Here I see giant chicken loop:
IMG_3371.JPG
How is the bar pressure on that kite?

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:43 pm

The 9m Screamer goes very well at rip you up high and megaloop..
Interesting to note that when you fly it with a naish 5 line bar - it loops even faster with the high Y locking the leading edge in place, going round faster without losing normal height.
A little float lose but still good to soft land you..

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.

Postby jeromeL » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:54 pm

qbanboy14 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:48 pm
How is the bar pressure on that kite?
I came from bandit so I thought bar pressure was high first time I tried it, now I fly it mostly on low bar pressure setting for kiteloop and it's not too high. On the high bar pressure setting my forearms took a while to adjust, even without gloves.
When wind is strong even on low bar pressure, after kiting for a few hours and strong wind I can't really go for grabs and hold bar fully sheeted in with gloves.

My friend said he thought bar pressure wasn't high enough to his liking. So I guess it's not that high compared to some other kites.

Overall I am happy with bar pressure on the low setting but with gloves it can be a pain if I don't kite enough to maintain good stamina... Should start doing more pull up, hand stand and such...

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm

dylan* wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:09 pm
fuel if you have the balls
He has no balls left! :lol:

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:05 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm
With my buddies we all tested kiteloop back to back recently on 9m GP, 9m Hifi and 10m Torch (I think we used 19m instead of 21m lines?)
I think we pretty much all agreed on that order: GP, Torch, Hifi. Torch is really nice but GP is a bit more fast and direct but the Torch was 10m so hard to tell.
Didn't like Hifi at all, the bar wobble a lot and it feels slow and not direct at all... Maybe that one takes more time to get used to.

I have seen a C4 that looked great, must be up there on the list but haven't tried it.
Never got a chance to see a Fuel, Vegas or GTS looping where I am at.

I have considered Fuel at some point but the fact that it doesn't handle gusty solution as well as a fifth line I decided against it.

A few days ago I saw an Ocean Rodeo prodigy, it looked like it looped well but condition weren't that good that day.

Hopefully I would get to try more kite soon: Nobile Fifty, prodigy, screamer and GTS should be fairly easy to try out in my area.

Here is me scaring away foiler with a loop on my GP this weekend:
loop foil.JPG

Jerome, what range do you loop the 10m with 19 and 21m lines? What do you feel is the big difference in the loop?

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.

Postby jeromeL » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Litsupplyco wrote: He has no balls left! :lol:
haha, not sure if you are referring to me but you are right, lately I have hit QR and release leash a bit too much.
last session I had 4 deathloop initiation, aborted those hitting QR, one failure had to hit leash and swim after kite ;)
1) after resetting QR couldn't see line under water and kite kept looping each time I reset QR and relaunched eventually I self rescued. Hitting QR killed it each time except for last time because of too many rotation, had to hold line to stall it.
2) after doing a megaloop without my board (lost it on pop but was such a good pop that I had to loop it) I landed way downwind with landing loop, on landing I skipped on top of water through my lines. When I relaunched kite I didn't realize they were messed up, hit QR but didn't work so hit release right away. Didn't have time to check why it didn't work but I supect depower rope was around bar something.

Though I would love to try Fuel when water is warmer. I was a pain spending so much time in cold water...
Litsupplyco wrote:
Jerome, what range do you loop the 10m with 19 and 21m lines? What do you feel is the big difference in the loop?
You should ask Nikolay or Paul on Northeast kitelife facebook group, they will know more.

Honestly I didn't spend enough time on each setting only 15 min each and it was 6 months apart... Also wind wasn't that strong to get proper feedback on loop.

first time was on 21m (I don't quite remember if it was 21, the owner like to tweak lines so I don't think it's even stock length for naish torch) line I believe in 22 knots, I was quite amazed how I could get the kite to catch me pretty easily on 10m torch when on my 9m bandit 24m effective line length only 25% I was caught perfectly.

second time was 19m line in 25 ish knots but that day was cold and choppy did only a couple of loop. Wind is still pretty light but loop were a bit more aggressive and I felt like it was harder to get the kite to catch you but that's probably because it was choppy and couldn't get a good pop.

Overall we didn't really like the torch in 19m line maybe 20m would be better?

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm
haha, not sure if you are referring to me but you are right, lately I have hit QR and release leash a bit too much.
last session I had 4 deathloop initiation, aborted those hitting QR, one failure had to hit leash and swim after kite ;)
1) after resetting QR couldn't see line under water and kite kept looping each time I reset QR and relaunched eventually I self rescued. Hitting QR killed it each time except for last time because of too many rotation, had to hold line to stall it.
2) after doing a megaloop without my board (lost it on pop but was such a good pop that I had to loop it) I landed way downwind with landing loop, on landing I skipped on top of water through my lines. When I relaunched kite I didn't realize they were messed up, hit QR but didn't work so hit release right away. Didn't have time to check why it didn't work but I supect depower rope was around bar something.

Though I would love to try Fuel when water is warmer. I was a pain spending so much time in cold water...
Litsupplyco wrote:
You should ask Nikolay or Paul on Northeast kitelife facebook group, they will know more.

Honestly I didn't spend enough time on each setting only 15 min each and it was 6 months apart... Also wind wasn't that strong to get proper feedback on loop.

first time was on 21m (I don't quite remember if it was 21, the owner like to tweak lines so I don't think it's even stock length for naish torch) line I believe in 22 knots, I was quite amazed how I could get the kite to catch me pretty easily on 10m torch when on my 9m bandit 24m effective line length only 25% I was caught perfectly.

second time was 19m line in 25 ish knots but that day was cold and choppy did only a couple of loop. Wind is still pretty light but loop were a bit more aggressive and I felt like it was harder to get the kite to catch you but that's probably because it was choppy and couldn't get a good pop.

LOL! No I was referring to Qbanboy!

qbanboy14
Rare Poster
Gear: cabrinha and crazy fly
Been thanked: 0

Postby qbanboy14 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Litsupplyco wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 pm
jeromeL wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Litsupplyco wrote:

LOL! No I was referring to Qbanboy!
This guy knows....

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:19 pm

This is more fact based than opinion. The Cabrinha Switchblade is the highest jumping kite as recorded by Woo. Also, Nick Jacobsend / Cabrinha Switchblade are the current RB KOTA champions. So I would say the Cabrinha Switchblade is at the top of the conversation for boosting high and throwing megaloops.

Todd
qbanboy14 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 pm
I keep hearing C4, Fuel, Vegas, Gts4, etc... What is in your opinon the best kite for boosting high and kiteloops.

Return to “Kitesurfing”