qbanboy14
Rare Poster
Gear: cabrinha and crazy fly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lettuce Be Cereal, What is best kite for Boost High/kiteloops

Postby qbanboy14 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 pm

I keep hearing C4, Fuel, Vegas, Gts4, etc... What is in your opinon the best kite for boosting high and kiteloops.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Re: Lettuce Be Cereal, What is best kite for Boost High/kiteloops

Postby dylan* » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:09 pm

fuel if you have the balls

fpvSB
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Leadbetter, Santa Barbara
Style: Nasty
Gear: LiquidForce, Zeeko

Postby fpvSB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm

paraglider!

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

the torch is the best. Jumps highest of the C kites good feel and loops great. I have a quiver of fuel c kites, if I could exchange them all for torches I probably would but they need to be later models, because the older octopus system is hard to fix. The newer octopus is a lot better, you don't need the hands of a child to fix the 7m octopus valve. The fuel is nice because you can run it in 4 line mode if you like.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

With my buddies we all tested kiteloop back to back recently on 9m GP, 9m Hifi and 10m Torch (I think we used 19m instead of 21m lines?)
I think we pretty much all agreed on that order: GP, Torch, Hifi. Torch is really nice but GP is a bit more fast and direct but the Torch was 10m so hard to tell.
Didn't like Hifi at all, the bar wobble a lot and it feels slow and not direct at all... Maybe that one takes more time to get used to.

I have seen a C4 that looked great, must be up there on the list but haven't tried it.
Never got a chance to see a Fuel, Vegas or GTS looping where I am at.

I have considered Fuel at some point but the fact that it doesn't handle gusty solution as well as a fifth line I decided against it.

A few days ago I saw an Ocean Rodeo prodigy, it looked like it looped well but condition weren't that good that day.

Hopefully I would get to try more kite soon: Nobile Fifty, prodigy, screamer and GTS should be fairly easy to try out in my area.

Here is me scaring away foiler with a loop on my GP this weekend:
loop foil.JPG

Cristiano_Leandro
Medium Poster
Gear: Best TS

Postby Cristiano_Leandro » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Anybody has something to say about the difference in boosting from a C kyte and a hybrid? is it THAT different as some people say?
And is the range that much smaller?

cris.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Cristiano_Leandro wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 pm
Anybody has something to say about the difference in boosting from a C kyte and a hybrid? is it THAT different as some people say?

cris.
by hybrid you mean basically a C kite with a bridle, like RPM, FX, Nobile Fifty? ...
Can't talk about hybrid but can tell going from delta shape (bandit) to C.

If you are talking about C with bridle like TS, RPM, FX, Nobile Fifty it should feel quite similar as far as boosting technique.
Low end would be a bit better depending on number of struts, usually there are five struts on C but some hybrid have only 3.

I can tell you about going from bandit to C but haven't tried an open C bridle kite..

Cristiano_Leandro
Medium Poster
Gear: Best TS

Postby Cristiano_Leandro » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:34 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:03 pm
Cristiano_Leandro wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 pm

cris.
by hybrid you mean basically a C kite with a bridle, like RPM, FX, Nobile Fifty? ...
Can't talk about hybrid but can tell going from delta shape (bandit) to C.

If you are talking about C with bridle like TS, RPM, FX, Nobile Fifty it should feel quite similar as far as boosting technique.
Low end would be a bit better depending on number of struts, usually there are five struts on C but some hybrid have only 3.

I can tell you about going from bandit to C but haven't tried an open C bridle kite..

yeah thats what i meant, so basicaly same technique but a Little more low end (3 struts) and a Little less high end.

qbanboy14
Rare Poster
Gear: cabrinha and crazy fly

Postby qbanboy14 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 pm

jeromeL wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm
With my buddies we all tested kiteloop back to back recently on 9m GP, 9m Hifi and 10m Torch (I think we used 19m instead of 21m lines?)
I think we pretty much all agreed on that order: GP, Torch, Hifi. Torch is really nice but GP is a bit more fast and direct but the Torch was 10m so hard to tell.
Didn't like Hifi at all, the bar wobble a lot and it feels slow and not direct at all... Maybe that one takes more time to get used to.

I have seen a C4 that looked great, must be up there on the list but haven't tried it.
Never got a chance to see a Fuel, Vegas or GTS looping where I am at.

I have considered Fuel at some point but the fact that it doesn't handle gusty solution as well as a fifth line I decided against it.

A few days ago I saw an Ocean Rodeo prodigy, it looked like it looped well but condition weren't that good that day.

Hopefully I would get to try more kite soon: Nobile Fifty, prodigy, screamer and GTS should be fairly easy to try out in my area.

Here is me scaring away foiler with a loop on my GP this weekend:
loop foil.JPG
Sweet pic. i do want to demo the Best GP, i've never tried it, the bar looks sweet.

Matt_TYRCZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Virginia Beach , VA
Favorite Beaches: First Landing State Park, OBX
Style: booting, kiteloop, freestyle
Gear: CORE Kiteboarding, MYSTIC , CrazyFLy

Postby Matt_TYRCZ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:12 pm

if you want to go big you have to ride overpowered, that means you need kite which has better high end.
High aspect ratio kites move across the wind window the fastest that why you can redirect them thru power zone quick and pull the trigger .

C kites for awesome initial lift , and nice predictable loops
3-struts kites ( park ,rpm ) better for lofty jumps, height probably little less than C , loops ok
Race kites, great lofty jumps but not for loops
Foil kites : insane air ( lift you almost straight up ) but not for high winds and loops

I ride Naish and recently got Torch ESP 9 m which i love. ESP will let you handle better high end .

but all that is personal choice and depends from skills and how gusty your spot is

Return to “Kitesurfing”