Forum for kitesurfers
geopeck
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Music while kiting?

Postby geopeck » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Not for me. I've had too many experiences where windsurfers, PWCs, boats, and even a powered paraglider came up on me where I could not see them, but I heard them and could avoid them. In the case of the paraglider, I was starting to make my transition bringing the kite to 12, and I heard the light hum of his engine idling. If I had proceeded my kite would have hit him with dire consequences.
Not being able to hear adds risks for sure, kind of inconsiderate to others as well.

I would love it if all the kiters around me recognized that sometimes we need to communicate or get each others attention. The buddy system breaks down if someone has made the decision they don't want to listen to others.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Music while kiting?

Postby Starsky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Have speakers built into my snowsports helmet. Music while snow kiting is awesome, but there is virtually never other traffic to deal with around here on snow. We generally have the entire place to ourselves.

Have never used music on the water. Not saying I wouldn't, but there is a lot more to watch out for around here on water.

Return to “Kitesurfing”