Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kenya the New Kitesurfing and Adventure Gem!

Forum for kitesurfers
robertblom
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Zandvoort
Favorite Beaches: Zandvoort, Bloemendaal, Scheveningen
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Naish Torch, Naish Monarch
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kenya the New Kitesurfing and Adventure Gem!

Postby robertblom » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi Fellow Kiters!

I'm Robert, from Holland and have been Kitesurfing over 12 years, in my homespot in Holland and around the world on trips. I'm currently working in an assignment for a Dutch Travel Agency based in Nairobi-Kenya where Im also trying to give Kenyan Kitesurfing a bit of a boost!

First of all.. Kenya is great for kiting. In the seasons (Dec-Feb and May-Sept) there is reliable steady wind of 18-22 knots (check the quite sick windguru stats for Malindi for example: http://old.windguru.cz/int/historie_sta ... itchlang=1)
Next to the good winds, the water is warm (no wetsuit needed) and the waters arent crowded (yet... fingers crossed).

For me however, the coolest thing about Kenya Kiteboarding is the sh*tload of cool stuff you can do around it. Think of Safari (traditional), Safari on a motorbike (for the adventurers, check our website), Hikes, Exploring Masai cultures, or sick mountaineering. Check out our new launched website www.charlies-travels.com and especially the Kitesurf experience website (www.charlies-travels.com/experiences/kitesurfing) and facebook (Charlie's Kite Safaris)!!

If you are still planning a summer holiday! dont hestitate to contact us! Operations@charlies-travels.com or Franziska@charlies-travels.com (for Germans;))

Long story short; Kenya is awesome! Could use some more tourists and is a sick kiting destinations! So get your A$$ over here!!

Robert

Return to “Kitesurfing”