Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Re: Riding without sunglasses

Postby K-Roy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm

This is like playing chess with a pigeon...

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:19 pm

LFAK ...or is it Travis 140 lbs self-proclaimed idiot, on your very first post. The first answer you ever got on KF was asking if you were a troll

If you look carefully i revived "your" post...Just bought my first set up

Advice...stop SHOOTING your mouth so much

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:02 am

PullStrings wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:19 pm
LFAK ...or is it Travis 140 lbs self-proclaimed idiot, on your very first post. The first answer you ever got on KF was asking if you were a troll

If you look carefully i revived "your" post...Just bought my first set up

Advice...stop SHOOTING your mouth so much
LOL like I give a shit about you digging up a 2 year old posting. And what's your point?

Still mad that I showed everyone on this forum how you posted 3 fake videos of something that had nothing to do with the thread? Well get over it

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 am

keep on strutting.... :allbegood:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:26 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm
Ansi means that it can withstand a metal ball traveling at 100mph. Does this sound like a bullet to you? It sounds more like a bb gun to me. And if you think for one second I am not going to defend myself then you are dead wrong. When someone calls me out I am going to respond, I don't sit there and hide, I go out and see what the problem is. If that's the way you do things I feel sorry for you, and I hope you never end up in prison.
Prision? WTF? :lol:. Speak from experience do you?

That's what the ANSI test means at the very minimum. According to Wikipedia and others, the two ratings are equivalent (civilian vs military) and the details that matter are whether or not the product is approved for use by the US military.

You were claiming that the videos were fake because they weren't from Spy but were from another company, and somehow that invalidated the ANSI approval. Next you'll be claiming you can't trust that because you haven't tested it yourself :lol:

What you also don't seem to understand about the testing methods, like the ball-bearing you brought up, is repeatability of results. A BB at 100mph will deliver the same energy to the same place, everytime. All products get the same test, results are consistent and the standard had meaning.

The question you should be answering is whether or not a BB at 100mph delivers the same energy to target as any bullet.
LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm
And when you think about it, it's not very smart posting videos like that because someone could get hurt trying to show their friends just how "bulletproof" their glasses are. You need to take down that posting, because it's also a liability issue. This is also another reason I have had to make it very clear that those glasses AREN"T bulletproof. I would hate to see you get sued over your posting, or thrown in prison where you know what will happen to your ass.

See I actually care about people like you on this forum, and that's why I go out of my way to make sure everyone get's the correct information. Because I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Do you see where i'm coming from? I hope you have learned a big lesson from all this. And please next time, let everyone know that any video not related to the topic is not related to the topic. Don't trick us into making us believe that something irrelevant is the same as what is being discussed.

Have a good day
Please stahp :lol:

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster

Postby PullStrings » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 pm
K-Roy wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 pm
Friend of mine got hit in the eye by the foil during a crash. Badly. Doc said 5mm in and he would have lost vision for sure. He is now waring shades...as am I.
Oh that's great, so now instead of just having a foil in your eye, you can also have little broken pieces of sunglasses in it too. Great idea :duh:
That's where you started it and SHOT yourself in the foot

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:04 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm
LetsFlyaKite wrote:
K-Roy wrote:
Friend of mine got hit in the eye by the foil during a crash. Badly. Doc said 5mm in and he would have lost vision for sure. He is now waring shades...as am I.
Oh that's great, so now instead of just having a foil in your eye, you can also have little broken pieces of sunglasses in it too. Great idea :duh:
But only with a BB at 100mph so it didn't hurt none :lol:

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:05 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm
LetsFlyaKite wrote:
K-Roy wrote:
I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Thats what's going to happen when you wear normal eyewear. Again everything I say is 100% accurate, unlike everything you have tried to prove.

Have a good day

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster

Postby PullStrings » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 pm

LFAK there is very little normal about you on this forum.We give you 1% accurate at most. 99% BS'ing.

And Z87.1 certified eyewear are far from normal because the frames and the lenses are made to strick specifications.

The more you post on this the dumber (if that's possible) you sound. Go kiting & protect your eyes.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 pm

I like to use extra sunscreen. It always ends up in my eyes...so...bammmm....they are protected.

Return to “Kitesurfing”