Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

C kite 101: first powered session on best GP [video]

Postby jeromeL » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:51 am

Just recovered hardrive from last October with my first weekend on 9m best GP with strong wind 30-35
Included a lot of wipe outs toward end of video so have a good laugh. To my defense a lot of wipe outs were because the tail of my board was broken on toe side, put some duck tape but didn't hold.

At first I thought I had mastered landing loop (heliloop/downloop, late kiteloop) but on C kite a small flying error deep in window literally slingshots you 40 feet, so it kind of forces you to learn proper technique. After a bit I realized you can't really do a heliloop early unless wind is light or you are really high and don't mind a yank, on bow kite it's not a big deal to do them early even though it won't give you a nice soft landing but landing with speed works fine. On C kite you really need to wait until you swing under kite. Well any kite on its upmost high range will punish you for small flying error but definitively felt difference on C kite.

anyway, enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBSTZ9swrt8

Return to “Kitesurfing”