Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

PIQ North Kiteboarding

forum for kitesurfers


maffhieu
Medium Poster
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 10
Local Beach: Le meridien
Gear: North Dice 12m 2016
North Dice 9m 2017
North Team Series 2015
Ride Engine Silver Elite 2017
WOO 1.0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby maffhieu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:04 am

tavis wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 pm
My PIQ has been working great for about a month. Then, last session, it started over reporting the jumps during the last half of the session. The error was so large that it made me #1 on the world leaderboard. I guess there may be some errors every once in awhile but every jump in the second half of my session was inflated to an absurd amount. I would have deleted the session but there is no option for that. Contacted support twice, no response yet. Hopefully next session it will be back to normal. I think I'll monitor closely the readout and if it starts over reporting again I'll try an on the water reboot.
How high did you get ? :lol:

Stasy_northandpiq
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 am
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: North Kiteboarding
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, PIQ

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby Stasy_northandpiq » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:10 am

tavis wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 pm
My PIQ has been working great for about a month. Then, last session, it started over reporting the jumps during the last half of the session. The error was so large that it made me #1 on the world leaderboard. I guess there may be some errors every once in awhile but every jump in the second half of my session was inflated to an absurd amount. I would have deleted the session but there is no option for that. Contacted support twice, no response yet. Hopefully next session it will be back to normal. I think I'll monitor closely the readout and if it starts over reporting again I'll try an on the water reboot.
Hey tavis!
Thank you for your messages. We will delete the jump for sure. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Eckhardt
Rare Poster
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:18 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Ijmuiden
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby Eckhardt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm

I just checked the leaderboards. I have a feeling a lot of the top jumps are actually false.
Al jumps around 8m and then a 25+ out of nothing...
Or a 24m jump with just 15 kn?

maffhieu
Medium Poster
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:40 pm
Kiting since: 10
Local Beach: Le meridien
Gear: North Dice 12m 2016
North Dice 9m 2017
North Team Series 2015
Ride Engine Silver Elite 2017
WOO 1.0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby maffhieu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am

Eckhardt wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm
I just checked the leaderboards. I have a feeling a lot of the top jumps are actually false.
Al jumps around 8m and then a 25+ out of nothing...
Or a 24m jump with just 15 kn?
AHAHAh

That's why i like the WOO, mistakes happens, but the Woo team is monitoring the leaderboard so they make it right :D

nothing2seehere
Frequent Poster
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Kitesurfing and windsurfing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 am

Eckhardt wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm
I just checked the leaderboards. I have a feeling a lot of the top jumps are actually false.
Al jumps around 8m and then a 25+ out of nothing...
Or a 24m jump with just 15 kn?
What! I want my money back. I haven't had any suspicious jumps so my personal bests are well lame. :lol:

kiterocky
Frequent Poster
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby kiterocky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:29 am

:lol: just toys

Stasy_northandpiq
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 am
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: North Kiteboarding
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, PIQ

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby Stasy_northandpiq » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 am

Eckhardt wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm
I just checked the leaderboards. I have a feeling a lot of the top jumps are actually false.
Al jumps around 8m and then a 25+ out of nothing...
Or a 24m jump with just 15 kn?
Hey :wink:
We are regularly contacting our users about top jumps and check them. 8) You may check the leaderboard now

dunci
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:43 pm
Kiting since: 2004
Favorite Beaches: hatteras
Style: freeride
Gear: 2006 Ozone Instinct 11m,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby dunci » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 pm

How do I get data for individual jumps in each session?

Stasy_northandpiq
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 am
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: North Kiteboarding
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, PIQ

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby Stasy_northandpiq » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 am

dunci wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 pm
How do I get data for individual jumps in each session?
Hey:) go to the section SESSION and at the very bottom you will see VIEW ALL YOUR JUMPS.

User avatar
kjorn
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:42 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: uk
Contact:

Re: PIQ North Kiteboarding

Postby kjorn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:53 am

Stasy_northandpiq wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 am
dunci wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 pm
How do I get data for individual jumps in each session?
Hey:) go to the section SESSION and at the very bottom you will see VIEW ALL YOUR JUMPS.
I think this is a great demonstration of how poor the UI/UX is.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/0 ... _official/

The app looks cool, but is hard as hell to use. The buttons or clickable areas don't look like buttons or links. The app forgets settings. It doesn't know my local spots, it doesn't list my spots in recently visited order.

The app doesn't know what boards or kites I own. It can't show me how my jumps are improving on my 12m kite.
:(


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BernieTomic1, ChickenD!ken, iriejohn, maffhieu and 31 guests

cron