Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Does Best kiteboarding warranty really work?

Forum for kitesurfers
shtaket78
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kurort, Saint Petersburg
Style: freeride
Gear: Best TS 7,10,12,16 Naish Torch 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Does Best kiteboarding warranty really work?

Postby shtaket78 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Hello,

Below I share my experience with BEST kiteboarding warranty.

I’ve bought new BEST TS 12m 2015 from US dealer last summer (2016) and received it in Russia at Oct. 2016. I unpacked the kite during my vacation at Vietnam during X-mas holidays. After just 2 rides I noticed valves leaking air and went to the local repair. After 2 days I noticed the same problem with another blader. To make it short I needed to repair 4 valves.

As soon as I returned to Russia I have opened warranty case (5632) on BEST website. BEST contacted me at Jan 27 and ensured me that they will send me new bladder set. They said that they don’t have it at that time but expecting supply soon.

I contacted them in mid of Feb. and they asked me for delivery address. I’ve provided my address. I reached them again at mid of March and asked what’s going on. They said that trying to organize delivery to Russia (through their local distributor).
I have registered at mail forwarding service, contacted them again in May and provided them my address in EU. They said that will send me new bladder set as soon as they will get it from supplier.
No communication since that time.

Summary: 5 months has passed. I’ve been in Tarifa and Tunisia for kiting since that time and still waiting for promised bladder set.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Re: Does BEST kiteboarding warranty really work?

Postby andylc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Maybe you should look at another recent thread about Best....

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Re: Does BEST kiteboarding warranty really work?

Postby jeromeL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:28 pm

shtaket78 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:13 pm
Hello,

Below I share my experience with BEST kiteboarding warranty.

I’ve bought new BEST TS 12m 2015 from US dealer last summer (2016) and received it in Russia at Oct. 2016. I unpacked the kite during my vacation at Vietnam during X-mas holidays. After just 2 rides I noticed valves leaking air and went to the local repair. After 2 days I noticed the same problem with another blader. To make it short I needed to repair 4 valves.

As soon as I returned to Russia I have opened warranty case (5632) on BEST website. BEST contacted me at Jan 27 and ensured me that they will send me new bladder set. They said that they don’t have it at that time but expecting supply soon.

I contacted them in mid of Feb. and they asked me for delivery address. I’ve provided my address. I reached them again at mid of March and asked what’s going on. They said that trying to organize delivery to Russia (through their local distributor).
I have registered at mail forwarding service, contacted them again in May and provided them my address in EU. They said that will send me new bladder set as soon as they will get it from supplier.
No communication since that time.

Summary: 5 months has passed. I’ve been in Tarifa and Tunisia for kiting since that time and still waiting for promised bladder set.
2015 valve leak issue is a know issue, there is actually a page on Best support website showing you how to fix issue if you don't want to wait for new bladders, pretty much every best kite 2015 had this issue and they warranty those.
A few of us got brand new 2015 best kite last fall and they sent us new bladder set when we filed warranty. I guess we were lucky. Those were Best GPs.
Anyway, it kind of sucks they didn't recall those or automatically sent new bladders to their distributors.
Though the price was right for the kite ;)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Does Best kiteboarding warranty really work?

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Read this...it could be the answer:

viewtopic.php?t=2396495

shtaket78
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kurort, Saint Petersburg
Style: freeride
Gear: Best TS 7,10,12,16 Naish Torch 11

Postby shtaket78 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Toby wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:51 pm
Read this...it could be the answer:

viewtopic.php?t=2396495
Reading.. It's really pity. I loved their products

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Best issues of this year are not necessarily to blame for poor customer service.

I had (and still have) an issue with a new kite that I had never flown as I purchased it on closeout for replacement of another kite once that kite became too worn out for the surf. I contacted and was working with Best 2 years ago trying to get a bridal measurement and bridal attachment diagram for a kite. My assumption was that something was wrong with the bridal set up, or a production error. My emails ceased to be returned on the issue about a month and half after I initially got some one to respond to me.

I never hinted that I wanted a warranty replacement (as the 2014 or newer kites had issues). I simply wanted to check the specs to see what I could do personally. This was one of the many times Best dropped the ball. Cessation of communications is a pretty big middle finger to a customer. Again, that was two years ago.

But as stated in the "Best Bankrupt" thread, your problems and mine face an even bigger wall to overcome in the attempt at resolution of our problem.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am

Reading about leaking valves online, I find that over the years many kite brands have had problems with leaking or delaminating valves. Can someone explain why 2015 Best kites in particular would have this problem? I suspect that all kite bladders/valves are manufactured at the same (one or two) facilities, most likely using identical materials/methods. Why would one particular brand suffer from a rash of faulty valves in a given production year? I've been kiting since 2000 & as far as I can remember, I don't think I've had a leaking valve on any of my kites in that time (although I have had to repair or replace bladders for other reasons).

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:00 am

Flyboy wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am
Reading about leaking valves online, I find that over the years many kite brands have had problems with leaking or delaminating valves. Can someone explain why 2015 Best kites in particular would have this problem? I suspect that all kite bladders/valves are manufactured at the same (one or two) facilities, most likely using identical materials/methods. Why would one particular brand suffer from a rash of faulty valves in a given production year? I've been kiting since 2000 & as far as I can remember, I don't think I've had a leaking valve on any of my kites in that time (although I have had to repair or replace bladders for other reasons).
This was the China factory (NPX)... Sri Lanka was all good. The case ended in court...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:32 am

Leaking valves was a problem also for North in around 2006.
Within races I had to repair my valves...(2007)

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Flyboy wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am
yeah apparently it wasn't just Best a few other brands got impacted by the bad glue or whatever was issue in chinese factory. If you ask the kite repair shop they can give you the list of kite and year with that issue since they have fixed all of those ;)
Not really their fault but if they are doing some clearance they know that year has valve issue, they should just send valve set with it.

What's weird is that my kite was fine first session, then left my kite in car for a couple of days wasn't even that hot, and a month later when wind was back 8 of the 10 valves had delaminated..

Return to “Kitesurfing”