Back Line Trim Control, Introducing The Stick Shift Control Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Back Line Trim Control, Introducing The Stick Shift Control Bar

Postby ORSales » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Bushflyr wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:07 am
I'm curious how the back line trim affects steering vs. front line trim. Any significant difference?
The short answer is no, the steering is unaffected. The longer answer is to say that we ship the bar with Liros's newest DC 401 lines which offer unparalleled stiffness and lack of stretch combined with their HD rating of 1275lbs / 580 kgs so steering input is snappy and crisp.

Specific to the mechanics of the bar, they are pretty simple. The winder is held in place under tension so that each quarter turn of the knob the bracket rises up a slope and then snaps into place on the pawl to lock the rotation in. To depower, you bump the winder, which pushes the bracket away from the pawl and the knob can spin free. The bracket is always under tension, so it's resting position is Locked and the rear lines are held under tension by the Helix Force tension system, so even when the kite isn't flying, the rear leader lines are held under tension to prevent free spooling inside the bar. All of this means that there is no play, at all, with the rear lines that would affect steering input.
FLandOBX wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 am
The "maximum sheeting range" (limited only by the rider's reach?) should be a popular feature with the airstyle crowd. The ability to sheet the bar out, uhhhhh, forever (?) should make it easier to hold down a too-big, too-powered, mega-kite. :thumb:
You nailed it. We made the potential throw at least half a foot longer than any possible human could reach in order to give riders unlimited options in how far up they wanted to set the stopper.
lindseym wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm
Looks like a solid bar and definitely something that I would be interested in trying out. A few questions - how is it tuned, where's the split point, and most important, is there any possibility of creating a microloop upgrade kit for this bar ? If so I would buy one right out. Yes, the bar is a little pricey but the price tag on most bars these days is high. Personally, I would rather spend a few extra hundred to get something that I really enjoy.
Many thanks.
Lindseym,

Happy to help you find a local demo, just hit me up with a PM if you can't find a local retailer who has them yet.

Regarding your questions: The tuning is handled with a wide assortment of pigtails we have included with the bar. We decided this was the cleanest way to handle this vs having line adjustment leader ends above the Helix tension system. The split is immediately above the PU, so about 10' or 3m from the bar. Currently, the quick release and chicken loop we have on the bar is the only option we endorse but the system is not terribly complicated if you were to experiment with it.

JZ

BCKiter123
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Squamish, Vancouver BC
Style: Freeride, newbie foiler
Gear: North, Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BCKiter123 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 pm

@ORSales, any word on if/when your adjustable stopper will be sold separately for other bars with PU tubing etc? Sounds useful for Airstyle and taking tension off the arms when needed.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:35 pm

BCKiter123 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 pm
@ORSales, any word on if/when your adjustable stopper will be sold separately for other bars with PU tubing etc? Sounds useful for Airstyle and taking tension off the arms when needed.
This remains a priority for us but it's slipped on the schedule due to the day-to-day push and pull of running a business and staying focused on our core product offering. I cannot provide a timeline, to guess would only be to lie to you but I can assure you, it's on the radar and will be released as an add on option for kiters with existing 8mm-13mm PU tube bars.

Return to “Kitesurfing”