Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Back Line Trim Control, Introducing The Stick Shift Control Bar

Postby Toby » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:34 am

Ocean Rodeo News:

Back Line Trim Control, Introducing The Stick Shift Control Bar

or 1.jpg

Eagerly awaited, the Stick Shift back line trim control bar is now shipping worldwide!

Fine tune your kite's trim with the unique Sidewinder trim control and infinitely adjust your bar's sheeting range with the on-the-fly adjustable G-Stop sliding stopper. Helix Force tensioned rear lines ensure smooth paying lines, even when your back lines are slack and the open, U-shaped Groove Bar rinses free of all sand and debris for smooth trim control at all times.

Back line trim control is the future of kiteboarding. The Stick Shift is available now at all Ocean Rodeo retail locations and online, at www.oceanrodeo.com. The Stick Shift: Lose the Strap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhaUL5jpL9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhaUL5jpL9M

Twist the Sidewinder to add power, bump or nudge to depower with hands-on control in even the most gusty or overpowered conditions.

or 2.gif

The Groove Bar ensures all sand and debris is quickly rinsed from the system!

or 3.jpg

The G-Stop is an easily adjusted, single handed, on-the-fly bar stopper!

or 4.jpg

The Helix Force Tensioned rear lines ensure clean paying rear lines even with slack back line.
or 5.gif
or 5.gif (898.64 KiB) Viewed 2306 times

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Re: Back Line Trim Control, Introducing The Stick Shift Control Bar

Postby dylan* » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:45 pm

$700 for an overcomplicated bar that you can't adjust the width on... no thanks

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Dylan,

The bar is actually far from complicated. We worked hard to keep it simple, with only one moving part. It's also incredibly easy to maintain and service with the pawl bracket winder removed with only one set screw.

The bar also features the innovative G-Stop stopper that lets riders completely customize the bar throw with no trim cleat or adjustor in the way to limit the potential throw.

As for adjustable width, I can't speak to other brands of kite but we have long since modified our smaller kites to be less nervous / twitchy and our larger kites to turn faster. Bar widths were useful back when these were bigger issues but they've been all but dealt with on today's kite designs.

JZ

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby socommk23 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:47 pm

The idea of spending the crazy amount of money that is needed on a kite nowadays makes me wonder how there is a market for such an expensive stick to attach the lines too.

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:26 am

I agree....it's a lot of $$$. But I'm always amazed at how much people spend on gear. I guess I'm just more "frugal" (i.e., cheap). Some people won't think twice about paying whatever it takes to have this latest technology. Gotta' admit, it's nifty, and I'm all for new, creative ideas in gear. I hope to try one of these bars at some point (as a "demo" :thumb: ).

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 am

Socommk, when people buy a high end car, they put nice tires on it for a reason. They are the car's connection to the road.

The Stick Shift is your connection to today's highly refined, purpose built kites. It's lines are 1275lb (580kg) tested lines that are thinner than most 800lb lines and which deliver crisp, sharp steering input. The sheeting is micro-adjustable as you sail, with no need to take your eye off the water ahead or search for a trim strap that is never within reach. And the front lines are unencumbered by any clutter or debris of a trim strap or cleat line, allowing you maximum - and fully customizable - sheeting range and ensuring a safe and reliable re-ride in the event of an eject.

I encourage you to demo the bar and I also remind you that we - along with many other brands - also continue to offer traditional above the bar trim systems that could fall more within your price range.

John

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:50 am

ORSales wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 am
Socommk, when people buy a high end car, they put nice tires on it for a reason. They are the car's connection to the road.

John
I agree ; just can't afford it !!! :thumb:

Cool idea, in that since your adjusting the back-lines , then there's not much
pressure to deal with , (unlike a front-line trim system) .

The first time my trim adjuster on my (no name) bar , got wrapped around one
of my bar-ends and the kite started to loop ; i wish i had your expensive bar set-up !! :(

Bille

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bushflyr » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:07 am

I'm curious how the back line trim affects steering vs. front line trim. Any significant difference?

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 am

The "maximum sheeting range" (limited only by the rider's reach?) should be a popular feature with the airstyle crowd. The ability to sheet the bar out, uhhhhh, forever (?) should make it easier to hold down a too-big, too-powered, mega-kite. :thumb:

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby lindseym » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

ORSales wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 pm
Dylan,

The bar is actually far from complicated. We worked hard to keep it simple, with only one moving part. It's also incredibly easy to maintain and service with the pawl bracket winder removed with only one set screw.

The bar also features the innovative G-Stop stopper that lets riders completely customize the bar throw with no trim cleat or adjustor in the way to limit the potential throw.

As for adjustable width, I can't speak to other brands of kite but we have long since modified our smaller kites to be less nervous / twitchy and our larger kites to turn faster. Bar widths were useful back when these were bigger issues but they've been all but dealt with on today's kite designs.

JZ
Looks like a solid bar and definitely something that I would be interested in trying out. A few questions - how is it tuned, where's the split point, and most important, is there any possibility of creating a microloop upgrade kit for this bar ? If so I would buy one right out. Yes, the bar is a little pricey but the price tag on most bars these days is high. Personally, I would rather spend a few extra hundred to get something that I really enjoy.
Many thanks.

Return to “Kitesurfing”