Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ten Kiteboarding, a new Dutch kitebrand!

forum for kitesurfers

ten kiteboarding
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Ten Kiteboarding gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Ten Kiteboarding, a new Dutch kitebrand!

Postby ten kiteboarding » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi!
We are TEN kiteboarding and we create thoughtful products for kiteboarders. Designed by the Dutch, aimed at kiteboarders around the world!

We believe kiteboarding brings out the best in you so we serve you the necessary to rock every session! Not the latest, but the best technology, for a fair price.

We'll be launching 1 product every 10 days for the next 60 days starting with the PINNA, the perfect freeride machine, so count to TEN with us!
We'll be updating this topic regulary with sneak previews of what's to come!
Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TENkiteboarding and stay up to date or visit http://www.ten-kiteboarding.com!

See ya on the beach!

Kau pi kite tarifa
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Tarifa, Sal and Holland
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa!
Style: Wave and hooked jumps
Gear: Zian kites
Brand Affiliation: Kiteschool owner using zian kites.

Re: TEN Kiteboarding, a new Dutch kitebrand!

Postby Kau pi kite tarifa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:25 pm

I see a possibility for Len10 here ;)

Jelle_vw
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Zandmotor (Netherlands)
Favorite Beaches: Slufter (Netherlands)
Style: Freeride / Oldskool
Gear: Ozone & Shinn

Postby Jelle_vw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Cool to have a new brand from my own country on the marked. I am very curios what a combination of one of the better Dutch kite shops, repair shop and expirienced rider will give us. Will test when I have a chance.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38

Postby Faxie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Jelle_vw wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm
Cool to have a new brand from my own country on the marked. I am very curios what a combination of one of the better Dutch kite shops, repair shop and expirienced rider will give us. Will test when I have a chance.
You never hear anything about the FHL Harlem anymore, so I'm curious too...

All nice that's there e new company, but to be honest... the kites don't look that impressive... just another generic allrounder by the looks of it. It's from one of the more wellknown shops offcourse, and they do a lot of marketing too, and with the lower pricetag chances are you will probably see plenty of those kites on the local beacher in the near future. Wil test them too when I have the chance.

Jelle_vw
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Zandmotor (Netherlands)
Favorite Beaches: Slufter (Netherlands)
Style: Freeride / Oldskool
Gear: Ozone & Shinn

Re: Ten Kiteboarding, a new Dutch kitebrand!

Postby Jelle_vw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Yes I forgot all about that one. Let's wait and see what happens to the Pinna.

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjorn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

You can see why new companies get suckered into making generic kites for the mass market, but without the market presence they will never sell them in volume.

I would imagine going niche would be much better, build a premium brand (like Epic has done) then branch out after.

palmbeacher
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Amsterdam, Zandvoort
Style: Hydrofoil + big air
Gear: Cabrinha, MHL Lift

Postby palmbeacher » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Where are their kites made? I like that Crazyfly and Core are making their kites in Europe, if this is just another Asia made kite brand what is there differentiation?

I agree it would be much better to go niche. Also curious about their pricing.

IMO the brand name, Ten, is a bit lame...

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Scheveningen, Domburg, Rilland, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Binnenschelde, Vrouwenpolder, Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Grevelingen, Borssele.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Switch Helium V1 18m Element V3 13m-7m V4 9m-5m Legacy V1 10m-14m Slingshot Fuel 2005
Switch MJComp V2 136x41.5 Firewire Hellrazor 6.1 timbertek Shinn Shinnster Nobile 555 125x38

Postby Faxie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm

palmbeacher wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 pm
Where are their kites made? I like that Crazyfly and Core are making their kites in Europe, if this is just another Asia made kite brand what is there differentiation?

I agree it would be much better to go niche. Also curious about their pricing.

IMO the brand name, Ten, is a bit lame...
Core is not made in Europe, but Sri Lanka ;) Ten Kites too (saw a little teaser clip with a guy making bladders, and he definitely wasn't Chinese but Sri Lankan, lol) but in the North factory I guess.

Prices are not too bad. Lower than major brands, but not near something like Switch/Zian/Fluid.

Peert
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Prices are not too bad. Lower than major brands, but not near something like Switch/Zian/Fluid.
So without any achievement or track record they price their products above brands that have at least their 3rd generation of kites in the market? That's bold. They must have confidence in their kites... Who is the designer?

They probably sell a bunch in their own shop to 'their own' students. Added to that these guys might have some network in the kiteworld that could help.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Peert wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm
Faxie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm
So without any achievement or track record they price their products above brands that have at least their 3rd generation of kites in the market? That's bold. They must have confidence in their kites... Who is the designer?

They probably sell a bunch in their own shop to 'their own' students. Added to that these guys might have some network in the kiteworld that could help.
Designer is probably the same guy who designs for epic, and an bunch of other brands...wild guess from me of course. Its definitely the way to get hyper special kites that doesn't look and feel anything like all the other kites he delivers to the other brands he designs for. \s

Return to “Kitesurfing”