Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I like riding hydrofoil for 15 minutes then got bored anyone else admit that?

Forum for kitesurfers
alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Re: I like riding hydrofoil for 15 minutes then got bored anyone else admit that?

Postby alexrider » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Have you applied for the silly challenge, PullStrings? You have all your chances for a podium.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: I like riding hydrofoil for 15 minutes then got bored anyone else admit that?

Postby Starsky » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:34 pm

A poor carpenter always blames his tools.

Depends more on how you ride than what you ride.

If you choose to ride in a way that bores you, thats not the foil.

Novice foilers are pretty restricted in how they can ride. Takes a little vision to see the possibilities and a little dedication to develop the skill to achieve them. I bet there is a level of rider who is confident and proficient on surface boards, but are not patient enough to deal with falling so often. Simply not being able to transition without falling will be too big a hurdle for some.

The foil is just so damn efficient at everything. winds strength, wave power, and upwind. That is quite a trifecta! Get to the stage where transitions are no longer a challenge and the world opens up in a way that no other piece of gear can rival. If you can't relate, don't mistake your experience for anything remotely similar to that of those who have stuck it out through the initial stages.

Some will foil exclusively, some will mix it up. The smart ones let the conditions dictate the equipment, and only the daft will discount the single biggest advance in kiteboarding gear ever.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Only stupid people get bored. My grandma used to tell me that...

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:11 pm

I found Pullstring's trollposts funny at first but then got bored quite quickly anyone else admit that?

/Yawn.

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Postby BOEMIX » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm

I couldn't agree with you.

Do you know how to boost properly with the foil?

For me foilboarding is the most fun thing to do until I'm powered enough with a 10m and a twiny, and able to kiteloop, and this means 20+ knots, days that I don't get so often.

On the other hand, I have lots of 10-15 knot days and pairing your foil with a edge\chrono kind if kite, you could just boost to the moon in ridicoulous light winds and that is = fun for me.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:48 am

You guys took PullStrings bait. He didn't mean to be serious, just plain silly, hoping to catch the jury's attention (which he did, btw). But he's using an overused question format and consequently his application cannot be considered.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:36 am

Starsky wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:34 pm
A poor carpenter always blames his tools.

Depends more on how you ride than what you ride.

If you choose to ride in a way that bores you, thats not the foil.

Novice foilers are pretty restricted in how they can ride. Takes a little vision to see the possibilities and a little dedication to develop the skill to achieve them. I bet there is a level of rider who is confident and proficient on surface boards, but are not patient enough to deal with falling so often. Simply not being able to transition without falling will be too big a hurdle for some.

The foil is just so damn efficient at everything. winds strength, wave power, and upwind. That is quite a trifecta! Get to the stage where transitions are no longer a challenge and the world opens up in a way that no other piece of gear can rival. If you can't relate, don't mistake your experience for anything remotely similar to that of those who have stuck it out through the initial stages.

Some will foil exclusively, some will mix it up. The smart ones let the conditions dictate the equipment, and only the daft will discount the single biggest advance in kiteboarding gear ever.
Perhaps he's a prodigy and mastered it all...in 15 minutes? Y'never know...

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 pm

alexrider wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:48 am
You guys took PullStrings bait. He didn't mean to be serious, just plain silly, hoping to catch the jury's attention (which he did, btw). But he's using an overused question format and consequently his application cannot be considered.
Alex got it :thumb: ....KF was becoming boring with all the hydrofoil topics....had to shake things up a little...ha...ha
Inspiration for type of question came from "thewindego"...clever guy....he deserves a prize

Return to “Kitesurfing”