Keros Limnos kitesurf, windsurfing spot review

Forum for kitesurfers
athen
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Keros Limnos kitesurf, windsurfing spot review

Postby athen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:28 pm

oh yes Hpr.. a BIG SECRET :lol:

however now everything starts to sound very interesting… you know… there is a proverb that says "who keeps silent consents" 8)

I think there would be no reasons why that big north-beach couldn’t be even much better than the “famous one” with all schools, etc. also to have a cleaner wind (because I remember it was very gusty when I was there years ago) unless there are territorial prohibitions, or protected area or mass bathing of course.
But honestly I don’t think this is the case.

If we are lucky it could be a cool bay to do some kitesurfing in freedom and with no extra costs to to be paid to the local kitesurf-mafia to avoid to be holed up in the worst point of the "famous bay" because we don't pay the schools services

In my opinion that northern bay could be great and maybe it is just a matter of being too far from some refreshment points, bars, lodgings, etc.
Let's see.... :thumb:

Hpr wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:43 am
I asked a similar question near the beginning of this thread, but no one answered, maybe it's a big secret!!
Anyway I may be going there later this year so will reply back here if no one else does. If there's issues at the main kite spot I will try to explore some other options along the eastern coastline, looks like there are many suitable beaches.

dufresne
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 68
Local Beach: Fundata Lake
Gear: Soul 10m
Been thanked: 0

Postby dufresne » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:48 pm

Hello! Anyone went to Lemnos / Limnos recently?
I was planning to go end of June beginning of July but I am a bit put off by the reviews read here so far.

What typical kite size for Kiteboard? How about foiling? I’m 68kg.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:12 am

I went in 2018 - so not that recently.

Had a very welcoming experience. Didn't have to pay to use the beach. One of the instructors offered for me to test his new kite. Someone from the bar helped launch and land the kite (there was a lot of weed on the beach). I'd go again. Worth mentioning though that this was at the end of the season (september) so I wasn't competing with paying customers.

I rode 12m and 10m LEI kites on a regular twin tip. Wasn't staying at that side of the island so only turned up when the forecast looked good. Wind was 14-20 knots on the days I drove over. It wasn't a flat water paradise but it was a nice enough place. The wind was better (less gusty) the further south you went. There was one person foiling whilst I was there. Looked a good spot for that.
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post:
dufresne (Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:10 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2

Postby Carlos_C » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:34 am

I looked at the map, the big lake is a nature reserve and the big beach.......
And youtube is your friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxOWTyvw8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbi4AX0AWQ
These users thanked the author Carlos_C for the post:
dufresne (Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:11 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”