Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

St. Lucia or Antigua in early-mid December?

Forum for kitesurfers
Osprey1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens, Richmond Beach, Double Bluff
Favorite Beaches: Double Bluff, The Hatchery, Damon Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Board Riding Maui
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

St. Lucia or Antigua in early-mid December?

Postby Osprey1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm planning a kite/family trip to the Caribbean in early December and I can't decide where to go. I want to kite as much as possible but I also want my non-kiter wife and two small kids (under 4) to have a good time. I've been looking at Coconut Bay on Saint Lucia and also Antigua. Which one of those islands or any others might work the best for us all in early december?

mkNY
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Tobay Beach, Oak Beach, Gilgo Beach
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne - Mauritius, Kite Beach - DR, Silver Sands - Barbados, Cape Hatteras - NC, Long Bay Beach - T&C
Style: Freeride\BigAir
Gear: 2020 Duotone Rebel 7/9/12
Shinn Bronq
Ride Engine
Woooooo

Re: St. Lucia or Antigua in early-mid December?

Postby mkNY » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:06 pm

I stayed at coconut bay last December with wife and 2 kids (under 4). Resort was great for the kids, they have a really nice kids pool and a huge slide that my son spent half the vacation on. Also all inclusive is really nice with kids as you can order lots of different things without having to worry if the kids will eat it.
The biggest plus of the resort is the free kids club (free daycare). We put our boys in from 9am till 12:30 everyday and I went kiting ;)

In terms of kiting, I got to ride 4 out of 6 days, twice on a 9, else on a 12. They have a relatively flat reef protected lagoon and some nice waves a bit out by the reef. The kite spot is about half a mile from the resort down the beach, but you can leave your gear there or rent for a fee. Great crew at the kite shop (shout out to Louis), plus they have an electric pump you can borrow.

We might go again this December.

Osprey1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens, Richmond Beach, Double Bluff
Favorite Beaches: Double Bluff, The Hatchery, Damon Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Board Riding Maui
Has thanked: 0

Re: St. Lucia or Antigua in early-mid December?

Postby Osprey1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:55 am

Coconut Bay at St Lucia is fantastic. Good flat water and decent waves. Plus if you’ve got a family like myself you can kite within a five minute walk from a great all inclusive resort. Highly recommend

Return to “Kitesurfing”