HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Re: Ozone Enduro for waves ?

Postby bragnouff » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:25 pm

airsurfer wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 pm
honestly for average wave conditions both Enduro and Reo are great. The Reo is lighter and drifts better if you actually have the conditions to take advantage of it. I went to Reo mainly for hydrofoil because of weight and you can really kill the power on the Reo to ride waves...
Funny that you're saying that, I didn't go for the Reo and chose the Enduro instead essentially because of foiling. Doing so I was hoping to get a bit more speed/upwind ability and overall a bit more poke on the kite at the expense of the perfect drift. My impression being that the Enduro 9 covers the same range as the Reo 10. Also because our wave conditions are seldom world class, and that I dab a bit in kite buggy, snowkite, still use a TwinTip a few times a year when conditions call for it. So I went for something with a bit of do it all character, got the Enduro 9m and VERY happy about it after 10 months and shitloads of sessions. Using 20m lines mostly, not too convinced by the bridle tweak, the default middle one seems to be the (only) one where the kite flies just right, at least in the bottom part of the wind range. However, I can't recommend enough to put it on the fastest turning on the wingtip.

How would the Reo be better for hydrofoiling? I don't really see how it could be significantly lighter than the Enduro.

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Re: Ozone Enduro for waves ?

Postby Bartolo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 pm

naishdude wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:23 am
I myself have a range of REO's V4 12/9/7/5 ( directionals 5'5 & 5'8 801 kg)

this kite is so easy to fly, you really just can concentrate on the wave and board the kite feels so natural on your bar.

Secondly, the light weight is a great advantage, I used to fly Switch Element V4, great kites too, but due to their heavy weight, you have to keep your kite in controle, once you let go of the bar, it had the tendency to come down towards the water, secondly barpressure is higher and the pressure on the powerlines is higher so you get more backpressure, this is where the Reo excells light barpressure, no powerlines pressure on your harness, , it drifts and keeps floating along with you, I can easely re-adjust my harness while letting go my bar, the reo keeps flyig nicely, fast turning etc..

You can make it complete powerless and surf down the waves, without constantly having to correct it.

It eats gusts ( V4) has a wide range, flies in a very stable way, huge depower over a short throw, and do not think the lightweight is meaning cheap quality, my kites already got some battering .
Again a kite like the SWITCH Element, is a very good kite, but the REO is a few classes better.

I am in no way affiliated with ozone, have always been a great SWITCH ELEMENT V4 fan...but again, I have to admit to my own experience the REO is a few classes higher in handeling and flying, both Swithc Element and Reo are nicely finished kites.

Reo V4 will just change colors around october, so the "old colors" will be priced interesting once the new colors come out, the kite stays the same!

Hope this helps
cheers dude :cool2:
Btw See your from Holland, I am sure www.kitekings can arrange you a a test ( ask for Ingmar, he can forward you to me( Frank) in case he does not have testkites.
Thanks for the offer Frank. But Reo is not on my list because I think it is really not a boost/hangtime kite. But for sure they are good for waves, my daughter is using them , but she does waves only :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”