Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ride Engine Safety Concern

Postby Bushflyr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:50 am

rddvet wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:50 am

Reply from RideEngine:

Dear Mr Blue. Thanks you for your concerns. Safety is our main concern and take it very seriously. We hope that you do try our harness one day, and give us your hands on opinion. To decrease the likelihood of a line snag it may be beneficial to protect the hooked end of our spreader bar by placing it directly up your ass. While this may decrease the lumbar support, which is the key benefit of our harness, it will definitely increase the safety of potential line snags.
Dear RE,

Thank you for your reply to my concern. I thoroughly appreciate your response, but have a further issue. Do you recommend Astroglide or Vaseline for the insertion? I'm usually a fan of Astroglide for my other anal endeavors, but am concerned about it washing away, resulting in chafing during a long session. Vaseline, OTOH, doesn't wash off, but results in an unsanitary feeling after an hour or so. Please help me with this issue as I really want to try your product but just can't get into it. Or it into me, butt whatever.

Thank you,

Mr. Blue.

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD Obsession/Core XR/Cab FX

Postby t3rse » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:17 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:47 pm
How loose are you wearing your harness that it can come unhooked? :?:
Tight enough that I have to suck my gut in to get it on, and it's hard to breathe. I can't get it tight with it on, so I just get it tight enough that it's very uncomfortable to put on first. If you didn't have a donkey dick, how often you think you'd come unhooked? Same concept.

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),

Postby jonysan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 pm

My Ride Engine harness broke last week, I was using the carbon rope slider, , maybe it's the side pull of the kite, but the back plate cracked on the left side, and when I further inspected the harness, the fibreglass has cracked in the right side between the webbing strap slots. not impressed.

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 am

airfly wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 pm
Hi, i got a ride engine for 1 and a half year and no problem whit it.

Just watch this video that explain how to use the harness and how to block the strap from loosening.

Sometimes it's good to watch manufacturer video that explain how their product works ;-)

here is the link : https://vimeo.com/144678009
I just tie the excess around the poly tubing and the spreader bar. This keeps it locked in place and I don't have to fight with putting it back thru the buckle.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Or you could just get a Mystic Majestic X and not have to dick around with a cheesy strap system.

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD Obsession/Core XR/Cab FX

Postby t3rse » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm

POACHER wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 pm
Or you could just get a Mystic Majestic X and not have to dick around with a cheesy strap system.
I'm likely going to jump ship to this next kite-oriented purchase. I've been on RE since my custom a few years ago, and it delamed on me. The strap system is shite for being mass produced.

Return to “Kitesurfing”