Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

More and more riders on less and less spots?

Forum for kitesurfers
kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Leucate - France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force - North
Brand Affiliation: Owner of KSV little brand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: More and more riders on less and less spots?

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Yes Boemix,
I agree with you and it seems that this area is (one of) the only one(s) in the world... Bad luck for us!!

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pj sofine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:19 am

Less at my beach,1/4 mile from my house.We used to get 15-20 kiters from about 2003 -2010.Now about 4-5. Most have migrated to a beach 5 miles away.Its been good for my health,I was the self appointed enforcer,I was on the verge of heartattack ,stroke, or fist fight! I'm very mellow and happy now :cooltext:

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 am

Toby wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:08 pm
Looks like it...but the more we are the stronger we are...we have to fight the bans of spots !

And once we are Olympic, we have better arguments!
The more we are the more we have to share. There is only so much space so being "stronger" makes no difference.

It only takes one inconsiderate kitesurfer to close a spot.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:37 am

Get organized and involved and you'll save the spots. Shit doesn't just closed down. If you have a strong group with proactive activism, you'll keep the beach open. A ton of people on KF are exactly these people that spend countless hours trying to keep beaches open.

If you posted this just to push your product then rethink your strategies. You get people at consider your original question and answer and you aren't really interested in any solution... which is going to make people be angry at you. Just post your product. I say this as someone who paid you for this product.
Last edited by tautologies on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitesurfvoilier
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Leucate - France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force - North
Brand Affiliation: Owner of KSV little brand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfvoilier » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi guys,

Pj Sofine and Windmaker,
I agree but at this time, I guess there are still to many Mayors who don't know enough kite spot technical requirements to take an other decision than close the spot after a few (mortal) accidents. With some adjustments, some of them should probably re open one day. You are right, thanks to all people who spend some of their free time to try.
Tautologies,
I don't really understand what you mean but my English is good enough to understand the FU part :lol: , so I guess I due you some explanations about what is behind my post.
But first, thanks to be one of the riders who offer me a try on it :) As I said already, if you are not happy with it, please just send it back to me (1$ letter) telling me what is wrong, I'll refund you and remake it as new for someone else.
Then, if your meaning is about commercial purpose hidden on my post, please let me explain:
- Toby ask me not to post "rude" commercial advertising on the forum topics and offer me an advertisement deal that I have done and will do again. In between I try, not to often, to get experience from members to help me in "around my project" matters, that could make people think about safety matters. For example, here it could make riders think about what they will have to do if they get their kite twist with an other kite. Most of the time, your only option is to quickly release your safety, to be ready for it, you have to already have though about it...
- To be fully honest, here are the problems I have to deal with at this moment:
Advertising costs is hard to retrieve because it's based on views rate / visit on my website and relative sells. Selling from 15€ products, with assembly costs, it's hard to reach positive balance. For example, advert on windguru do not start below 240$ (for 1 month campaign). And here you are right (but I hope you could still reach a smoother point of view), there is a hidden feedback research on my post that could help me. You can chose in witch countries you want your banner to be visible. I can ask my kite mates what they think but as they are riding mainly same spots as me (a lake, 35min drive with very gusty winds and no beach or around 1h45 driving the Leucate area spots) in same conditions, they can help but not so much.
If here on Kiteforum, a member from Austria tells me that in his country spots are mainly small and loaded, it helps. If a NZ member tells me that in his (beautiful) country, there is large places for everyone to be totally free at all times, it also helps.
To be complete:
Today, my sells are growing slowly but regularly so I try not to bother all of you more than "necessary" with my double face posts. Still 2 remaining question:
- Will I do a second series of it when I'll be out of stock for some expensive pieces? If I'm still surfing only on novelty effects, that is a good one to be consider.
- Do I try first now:
* To improve my Kitecleat product (I have problems with ceramic blade costs that increase more than expected because dimensions, even if it's a molded part are not so sharp. To be sure not selling a non perfectly cutting product, I have not to use around 20% of them or try to find an other supplier who may better respect our (base on drawing) agreement ...
* To finish the design of a boat complete kit with some other problems (like 2 front lines safety systems hardly compatible)
One more time, sorry for people who think that I should not discuss here because of my "kiteboarding product seller". I'm sure there are other here but maybe better hidden! ;)

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Another crazy situation in my area.We had 2 kiters die at 2 areas a couple miles apart,had a guy go through the windshield of a parked car.No bans,no restrictions. A couple of piping plovers show up and our access shrinks 80 % for a couple months. :duh:

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:03 pm

tautologies wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:37 am

If you posted this just to push your product then _f-u-c-k_ you.

Real nice

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:18 pm

My spot yesterday, after 30 min a kite buddy showed up. It was perfect.
2017-09-16 15.03.45.jpg

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:33 pm

loco4viento wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:03 pm
Real nice
Yeah maybe but my point is that if he wants to promote his product he should just do that, instead of pretending to care about spots. I've bought his products too.

..but you are right it was harsh. I edited my original post.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Here it´s not propper beaches, totally crazy crowded, getting worse really. I got involved with the local government this summer, as they wanted to close the best spot due to conflict with swimmers. We manage to find a compromise though.
Seems more crowded even mid week also now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”