knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight RS: My Review

Postby knotwindy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm

[/quote]There are other kites which after a short period of adaptation I'm sure I would be perfectly happy with.
[/quote]

This^
It also applies to bars/lines as well.

But do you want to adapt or just have you gear work the way you want? As long as it is a minor adjustment, no problem. If it requires a major change in style that you don't want, different story.
But riding different gear forces you to change how you ride because it does some things better than others. So when you get back on your regular gear you have new skills to bring to it, so it may change how you ride again.
Luckily, there seems to be no end to how you ride or what gear is fun for now!

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:36 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm
irie wrote:There are other kites which after a short period of adaptation I'm sure I would be perfectly happy with.
This^
It also applies to bars/lines as well.

But do you want to adapt or just have you gear work the way you want? As long as it is a minor adjustment, no problem. If it requires a major change in style that you don't want, different story.
But riding different gear forces you to change how you ride because it does some things better than others. So when you get back on your regular gear you have new skills to bring to it, so it may change how you ride again.
Luckily, there seems to be no end to how you ride or what gear is fun for now!
As a longtime wave sailer in a previous life I'm more board focussed than kite focussed so as long as kites let me do what I want on a board in the range of conditions I kite in then I'm good.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:00 pm

bjw wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:52 pm
alexeyga wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:59 pm
Is this just me or that review tastes like a marketing pitch? Fairly mediocre at that...

Trust-me.jpg
Have you been to a kite beach? All kiters are the biggest product pimps ever. Everyone will always say how their gear is the best ever. On top of that this is a kite forum, this is where we are allowed to get all proud of our new gear!
Why don't you re-read this so-called "review" - it sounds like it was written by a third grade marketing firm's unpaid intern who has never seen a kite in his/her life and who clearly had too much suggar in his/her coffe on that particular day.

I'm not saying that the kite is bad, but whomever at Eleveight is responsible for suppliying their affiliated riders with "reviews" - is doing a very lousy job.

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Postby Sun » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Given that Lindsey left a glowing review for the Apollo, I doubt he is a brand pimp.

Judging by his post history, he is an airstyle rider, so it makes sense that he generally praises kites that suit airstyle.

I agree with other posts in this thread, guys who like to kite in a certain style will love kites that excel in that style. There will be differences between the kites, and a given rider may prefer one over the other but will enjoy them all.

In any case, looks like Eleveight has a healthy lineup that caters to many with the FS, RS, and WS. Not much on the PS yet though...

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby lindseym » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm not saying that the kite is bad, but whomever at Eleveight is responsible for suppliying their affiliated riders with "reviews" - is doing a very lousy job.
Normally I wouldn't respond to these types of posts. Silly comments like the one above (Eleveight is "supplying" reviews - lol) are amusing and harmless but I felt that a response is needed. Let's take a moment to step back and examine what is being proposed here...
The claim is that Eleveight Kiteboarding 1) hired a marketing firm to write copy and then 2) supplied the language to a National Team Rider for Best Kiteboarding (http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/en-us/t ... sey-mercer to post within a niche community forum. Is this really what you think lol?! Trust me, if a marketing firm was to employ gorilla tactics like this I assure you they wouldn't do it here. Did you consider that perhaps it "sounds like a marketing firm's unpaid intern" because it wasn't written by a marketing firm. It was written by a kiter...me. That said, I'm sorry my review does not meet your standards but I'm always open to feedback.

My feedback for you, and I hope you employ this advice because it will serve you in many areas of life beyond kiting, prior to jumping to irrational conclusions (e.g. that I was "supplied a review"), take a step back and think logically. Examine what I have posted in the past, do your homework, and then form the basis of a well-informed opinion. This way, you will not come across demonstrating inaccuracies or false accusations.

The reality here is that this is simply a review of a kite by a kiteboarder...that's all bro - nothing more. I post kite reviews to add value to the community and provide my experience. That is the truth. I've reviewed other kites in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I guess you're assuming I'm being "supplied" by them as well ... correct?

Chill my friend. Not everything is a conspiracy. Its just a simple review of a kite. :D lol.
Last edited by lindseym on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

lindseym
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa
Favorite Beaches: Islamorada
Style: airstyle, oldschool, freeride
Gear: Rebel 15, 12, 9
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby lindseym » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Sun wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:49 pm
Given that Lindsey left a glowing review for the Apollo, I doubt he is a brand pimp.

Judging by his post history, he is an airstyle rider, so it makes sense that he generally praises kites that suit airstyle.

I agree with other posts in this thread, guys who like to kite in a certain style will love kites that excel in that style. There will be differences between the kites, and a given rider may prefer one over the other but will enjoy them all.

In any case, looks like Eleveight has a healthy lineup that caters to many with the FS, RS, and WS. Not much on the PS yet though...
Spot on.

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:50 pm

@Lindsey. Hear hear. Thanks for the review. Keep them coming.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:00 am

lindseym wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

My feedback for you, and I hope you employ this advice because it will serve you in many areas of life beyond kiting, prior to jumping to irrational conclusions (e.g. that I was "supplied a review"), take a step back and think logically. Examine what I have posted in the past, do your homework, and then form the basis of a well-informed opinion. This way, you will not come across demonstrating inaccuracies or false accusations.
Mate, your review sounds exactly like being said. It's actually about you, read this:
"I hit"
" I did"
" I did"
"I also did"

and the list goes on and on. About you.

What on Earth "Inverted fronts" has to do with a kite? What is the value, as you said, in that kind of information?

You asked for opinion. You got it. Don't patronize us now. Be a man and suck it up.

D.

bjw
Medium Poster
Gear: Best

Postby bjw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 pm

I don't get why you guys are roasting him so bad. I even read the review again to see why. It still seems like an honest review.

I guess you are just having a good day of trolling! Nothing more fun than that. Not windy guys?
Last edited by bjw on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kite-4-Life
Rare Poster
Gear: kites
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite-4-Life » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 am

I've known Lindsey for a (very) long time & he's a straight up guy and a great kiter. He's a guy you WANT trying your gear and giving feedback- seriously.
With regard to Eleveight, it seems the US dealer and rider network is staying in tact and that's all I care about when it comes to buying gear- supporting good people.
Thanks for the review, LM. Looking forward to trying them out & catching a session with ya!

Return to “Kitesurfing”