Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Fireball & Swivel Danger

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fireball & Swivel Danger

Postby Faxie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 pm

dylan* wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 pm
well its about time for the yearly cabrinha recall anyway, isn't it?
:rollgrin: :thumb:

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:08 am

dylan* wrote:
I'd rather be riding gear that I trust the company to actually do the recall if it's needed. I view Cab's recalls as a positive.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ChickenD!ken » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:18 am

Slappysan wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:08 am
dylan* wrote:
I'd rather be riding gear that I trust the company to actually do the recall if it's needed. I view Cab's recalls as a positive.
Fair point, but what you demonstrated in the picture looks absurd. “How does this pass testing phase?” is what I’m wondering..

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 am

I'd rather ride gear that I trust the company to actually test before it's released. And if there turns out to be some faults, recalls it immediately in stead of waiting a year or longer (when people are starting to get hurt, snapping fronlines anyone?). And stop trying to reinvent the wheel every year, introducing new problems and defects, using the end user as guinea pigs. Stick to what works.

So now we have 2 things with the Fireball: Damaging straps because of incompatibilty with some harnesses, and the leash twisting. That plus the step back to a separating difficult to reassemble QR assembly (what happened with 'setting the new reference' with the previous QR? ) for supposed improvements that really aren't there because of the ball, but because of the short hook. But hey, marketing, gamechanger.

I still haven't seen a lot of people riding with the Fireball last year, so I guess they aren't falling for it.

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.

Postby dejavu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am

Had my fireball setup for more than 50 sessions now. I would not go back to the old loop. Far better.

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Postby Bartolo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Faxie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 am
I'd rather ride gear that I trust the company to actually test before it's released. And if there turns out to be some faults, recalls it immediately in stead of waiting a year or longer (when people are starting to get hurt, snapping fronlines anyone?). And stop trying to reinvent the wheel every year, introducing new problems and defects, using the end user as guinea pigs. Stick to what works.

So now we have 2 things with the Fireball: Damaging straps because of incompatibilty with some harnesses, and the leash twisting. That plus the step back to a separating difficult to reassemble QR assembly (what happened with 'setting the new reference' with the previous QR? ) for supposed improvements that really aren't there because of the ball, but because of the short hook. But hey, marketing, gamechanger.

I still haven't seen a lot of people riding with the Fireball last year, so I guess they aren't falling for it.
Well the latter must really make you happy. Why so hysterically? You seem to invest a lot of (negative) enery into a brand/product you don't even use...

Do you really think they don't test their products before releasing it?
dragnfly wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm
Hmmm, this does look like an issue. On Cabs own video they almost acknowledge it, and appear to have come up with something that looks rather tricker than it should be:
See 1:32
HERE
Acknowledge it..? To me this looks like they are showing you how to use the swivel. And it looks supersmooth to me. I can think of a lot of products that can give you problems if you don't use it the way it was meant to be used.

So the only thing left is OP's problem when using it with 5mm gloves.

Bartolo
Medium Poster

Postby Bartolo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm

dejavu wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am
Had my fireball setup for more than 50 sessions now. I would not go back to the old loop. Far better.
Can you explain what is better in your opinion?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 pm
Faxie wrote:

Well the latter must really make you happy. Why so hysterically? You seem to invest a lot of (negative) enery into a brand/product you don't even use...

dragnfly wrote:
Hmmm, this does look like an issue. On Cabs own video they almost acknowledge it, and appear to have come up with something that looks rather tricker than it should be:
HERE
Acknowledge it..? To me this looks like they are showing you how to use the swivel. And it looks supersmooth to me. I can think of a lot of products that can give you problems if you don't use it the way it was meant to be used.

Well, with annual recalls you should start scratching the back of your head about those testing methods...

There's a reason I don't use it. Tried it, don't care for it. Same for the recoil and overdrive bars. Works like shit. Kites are fine, but nothing special imo.

Bartolo
Medium Poster

Postby Bartolo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Faxie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm
Bartolo wrote:
Faxie wrote:

dragnfly wrote:
HERE

Well, with annual recalls you should start scratching the back of your head about those testing methods...

There's a reason I don't use it. Tried it, don't care for it. Same for the recoil and overdrive bars. Works like shit. Kites are fine, but nothing special imo.
Fine.
But then again, I don't get it; Why so hysterically? You seem to invest a lot of (negative) enery into a brand/product you don't even use...

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Bartolo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:17 pm
Faxie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm
Bartolo wrote:

Fine.
But then again, I don't get it; Why so hysterically? You seem to invest a lot of (negative) enery into a brand/product you don't even use...
Why do you assume I'm being hysterical? Or are only positive opinions allowed? :roll:

Return to “Kitesurfing”