Re: 4 meters waves yesterday at tarifa!

Postby DWX » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:06 pm

junebug wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 am
DWX wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:42 am
junebug wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 am
The rule is, if you are riding the wave and closest to the peak, the wave is yours. It doesn't matter what kind of board you are riding -- paddle-in shortboard, longboard, SUP, tow-in surfboard, twin tip, whatever. The rule is based on safety -- dropping in on someone is hazardous. The surfer clearly dropped in on the kiter and created a hazard.
BS, the kiter didn’t touch anyone & didn’t create a hazard! I never feel threatened by bigger & faster windsurfers as the swoosh by. I’m more frightened by fellow kite surfers who are slower & negligent or showing off!

Surfers club each other all the time fighting for waves bc they are slower. It’s their stupid game. With the Kite you have advantages: better speed & control. NO HAZARD to be seen anywhere, just little peepee Guys crying foul bc a faster boy flew by.🙄 The kind of Guys who usually run to their preferred dictator-mommy for protection like the Turbani above. Chickenshit!

The kiter ran smoothly past the two surfers (that’s how many I counted), no hazard to anyone! paddling surfers regularly injure each other; crowded waves are always a problem; if you know what you are doing and don’t run into others, it’s all fair game! As always, however, common sense is harder for some 🙄
I think you misread my post. I said the SURFER created the hazard by dropping in on the KITER.
Apologies! Yes, you are correct. I had the other responses in mind, those blaming & insulting the kiter. There are plenty on this thread... Sorry, I always protect those who get bullied unfairly... I fight for my cubs

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DWX » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:15 pm

P.S. no misunderstanding! I’m basically elaborating Junebug’s argument. Should be happy! “Surfers” is an ambiguous term! If I misread, others may do the same. Better make it clear!

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️

Postby DWX » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:30 pm

or6 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am
Thing is, everybody's bit quick with their judgment. While it's true that the kiteboarder had the wave, and the surfer shouldn't have dropped in.... according to the rules....we are missing context. For all I know there's 50 surfers waiting for a wave, and five kiters taking turns, hogging the ride.

Looks like a shitload of fun, that's for sure.
I dunno, I don’t see a foul anywhere, except for the bitches filming... The surfer saw a clean path and pushed forth... nothin’ wrong with that!

Can’t we just enjoy this beautiful display of both sports and not make this about territorial pissings? It’s not about kiters vs. surfers! This is an example of how they get along beautifully, except for the whistlers on the beach, obvious pussies

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Bottom line is the wave is whoever´s was waiting the longest. If the kiter is being a hog with the waves then surfer has every right to drop and burn. Its all about sharing like most of us in our childhood learned.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Balneario is a surf spot on big days, kiters windsurfers SUPs stay away and simply go a bit further down direction Valdevaqueros - there's 10km of waves for everybody, no need to be a pain to the surfers. This is common since the beginning of times. So yeah, the kiter was being an idiot for no good reason, almost took the surfer out, at full speed.

And they shout "hijo de puta, maricona", nothing against Americans. I was there btw.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 pm

The kiter was awesome, did nothing wrong unless they were being a snake, then got dropped in on.

they are probably mates.. :-)

The scenario described in the previous post is known as localism. Some riders want the best they can get, they don't want second rate.

Mind u a motorbike turned up at cloudbreak a few weeks ago.. that didn't go down well at all!

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 am

They're not mates, there was quite a bit of unfriendly fire afterwards.

The kiter fucked it up, because he went kiting on a surf spot, instead of going 500m - 9500m down to the right. Same same conditions for 10km of beach that day, and the idiot choses to wave his dick on the surfers. Completely uncalled for. He could have killed the surfer.

It's like riding your motocross bike on the beach at full speed between beach goers, when 500m to the right you could do the same without bothering anybody.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:52 am

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:12 am

Well kiter gets huge respect from me. A surfer that doesn't know basic ettiquette (dropping in).. not so much.

It's localism folks! Nothing new here.

Its my dream wave!

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:57 am

Not always localism
Sometimes there are local rules that it would be a good idea to follow so as not to be a dick. They have worked it out to keep the most people having fun and keeping it safer and then someone comes in and screws it all up for everyone else.
Not saying that this is the case here. I wasn’t there and I don’t know the details but then, neither do most of the folks posting.
Nice wave, fun spot, sweet ride....

Return to “Kitesurfing”