Local Beach: Altona
Favorite Beaches: Pacasmayo
Style: wave, cruise
Gear: Neo
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2018 Naish Slash

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 pm

how much power a wave kite generates when the rider loops the kite is important. I prefer to generate less power so I can redirect the kite without being pull out of the wave. Also is important the skills of the rider but also the kite.
I have NEO and SST wave kites. Same board, same rider but the SST kite keeps generating more power when looping. When I am looking to buy a different wave kite brand I look for kites that don't generate much power when looping the kite. Kite finder reviews helped me decide what kite to buy. cheers

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 am

ciscokitesurfer wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 pm
how much power a wave kite generates when the rider loops the kite is important. I prefer to generate less power so I can redirect the kite without being pull out of the wave. Also is important the skills of the rider but also the kite.
I have NEO and SST wave kites. Same board, same rider but the SST kite keeps generating more power when looping. When I am looking to buy a different wave kite brand I look for kites that don't generate much power when looping the kite. Kite finder reviews helped me decide what kite to buy. cheers
are you in side shore or side off conditions ? Im in southern California with side on/on shore and I need as much power as I can get. Maybe thats why Naish says its good in onshore conditions but the pivot is good in side/ side off. I did like the neo when I flew it though. It just doesn't have the low end that the Naish kites have. The Neo drifts killer though ! Ive never flown the SST

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,

Postby clint2070 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 am

I actually used my 12m Slash today in 9mph and my Spitfire foil. Thinking of selling my 12m Boxer.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

clint2070 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 am
I actually used my 12m Slash today in 9mph and my Spitfire foil. Thinking of selling my 12m Boxer.
Tell us more....

Typically the lightest kite wins.....when foiling. I like a kite so light it doesn’t require attention to keep it from sagging out of the window due to weight.

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Altona
Favorite Beaches: Pacasmayo
Style: wave, cruise
Gear: Neo
Has thanked: 0

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 pm

most of my kiting is on onshore where you need to redirect the kite all the time. If you are riding down the line waves the pull down effect is not a problem. I would always prefer a pivot turn and not much pull. cheers

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster

Postby clint2070 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:14 am

Dwight wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am
clint2070 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 am
Tell us more....

Typically the lightest kite wins.....when foiling. I like a kite so light it doesn’t require attention to keep it from sagging out of the window due to weight.
The Boxer might be a little lighter but the slash turns so much faster. My Zeeko Spitfire turns so fast that I like my kite to turn fast too. I usually don't even try to foil if the lows are less than 7mph and the average is less than 10mph. I didn't drop it so I don't know how much wind it needs to relaunch. The boxer surprises me how it relaunches in like 7-8mph. I just got my Soloshot 3 today. If theres enough wind tomorrow Ill test them both out and try to add a video.

kgb
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montrose Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras, NC & Tarifa, Spain
Style: Freeriding and wave riding.
Gear: Kite - Slingshot Fuel
Board - North Jaime Pro (twintip)
Brand Affiliation: None at all.

Postby kgb » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 pm

I love the Slash!!!!!! He's the best guitar player in the world! Hands down!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
Attachments
Slash.png

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:45 am

kgb wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 pm
I love the Slash!!!!!! He's the best guitar player in the world! Hands down!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
ROFL!!!!
He might be good in waves too?

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 am

Hi, in this short video you can see the Naish Slash 7 2018 in action in the hawaiian waters. In my humble opinion It is one of the best wave kite on the market. I've found It very powerful stable and quick in the flight window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfdU3f7gfZg

Cheers

Carlo

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:54 pm

haiku wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 am
Hi, in this short video you can see the Naish Slash 7 2018 in action in the hawaiian waters. In my humble opinion It is one of the best wave kite on the market. I've found It very powerful stable and quick in the flight window.

Cheers

Carlo
Nice!!

Clint you were right. I am so happy I went with the slash for my small kite this year.

I've finally had my 7 out a few times. I always thought I would have too little power so I kept on using my 9 pivot for some of the days when I probably would have been way better off on the Slash. I find it hard to compare power since I do not have a 7 pivot or another 7 meter kite, but I have been surprised what I perceive was great low end.

I find the kite fast turning and agile, yet drifts really well. I have been using it mostly in on-shore to cross-onshore with the idiosyncrasies that brings to the equation. The few sideshore sessions were fantastic, and on-shore there was a lot of moving the kite around. I've not used it with a TT or foil, but looking forward to taking out the foil.
I've only used the kite on 24m lines.
Overall the kite leaves me with a fantastic impression. In super gusty conditions I were always in control and could ride confidently. It did not pull me off the wave..granted I have not used it in while overpowered, but the kite felt sensitive enough to sheeting that I could just easily bleed some power when I needed that.

Return to “Kitesurfing”